Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Supporting the Red Arrow Brigade!

Today is the day - "Cards for Soldiers"! I have lots and lots of papers pre-cut, due in large part to Fiskars generous donations, and Kati Russel, my sweet friend whose hubby serves our country - bless him!

The Red Arrow Brigade, a division of the Wisconsin Army National Guard, is the largest deployment since WWII. These troops will be serving soon in Iraq - and the cards being made today will go to boost their spirit and encourage. Please stop by Crossroads Coffeehouse at 2020 Main St. Cross Plains to write a note of thanks to these soldiers. We are making cards from 10-11:30 and 1:30-3 p.m. HOWEVER, I will be making cards throughout and we will have cards left at the coffeehouse for people to sign the remainder of the week. Come on buy for a cup of jo or specialty drink and support our brave men and women!

Need to get going, but I wanted to give a praise shout for our friend Dick returning home on U.S. soil. I have not heard a progress report on his health. ALSO, Scrapbooking and Beyond requested another layout - this is one from my last stash of Hall of Fame entries - a very sweet layout that cracks me up everytime I read the letter our son wrote to Santa.

Gotta run - have a great Tuesday! Tomorrow is a memorable day for our family - we added another person into our midst and she has been a bright and shining star for 6 years - will have a new layout to share featuring Dream Street!

No comments: