Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Bullseye Day



It's been a great day - with lots of highs! Last night I emailed Cosmo Cricket and Fiskars to request donations for the "Cards for Soldiers" event and both companies responded quickly in support of - I am thrilled!! A friend whom I worked with at the Scrapbook Superstore volunteered to come and help me with the event - which is awesome as I was rather fearful how I would be able to instruct a potential coffeehouse full of people on how to put a card together. My friend's hubby is in the military so she really appreciates the efforts of this event.

A friend from A Cherry On Top is also sending me large scraps from her stash. Last night I pulled out a number of older papers that I may as well use for the card making event. It sounds like some local members of the Legion may get involved somehow as well - I am really excited for this event despite all I have to do to get ready for it. (LOL)

UPS delivered a box today...inside was my layout being returned from Memory Makers for the SB Idea Gallery book - that sure was fast!! I WISH WISH I could share this layout - using one of my fave all time lines from Cosmo Cricket, but alas... I cannot. I has some gosh darn clever, homemade embellishments in it, if I don't say so myself.

I attended my first card swap tonight - it was so fun and I loved seeing my friends at the store again. I will share photos of the cards soon - promise!!

Today's layout is an all cardstock creation. I just found this blog tonight: Cut Cardstock - and I admit it was one of the first LO images in my folder of imaged layouts.

Tonight I visited my friend, PennyBs blog, and she motivated me to email the folks who run a local writers group and photography group. I probably cannot do both - but I SOOO would love to have my children's stories and poetry published someday. A writing group would be good for me - hopefully motivate me to do something about my dream. Since I bought a Nikon D80 in December I have also been thinking it would be great to join a photography group and learn to take full advantage of my new camera's capabilities. Ah yes...sometimes I could use two of myself..but I don't think the world could handle it. (LOL)

If this post seems all over the place tonight it is because it is. I was too pumped up to go to bed, considered starting a digital layout...but see, type on my blog and now I am yawning. The new workday cometh...so I better hit the hay... thanks for coming by!

No comments: