Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunshine - Spring is Near!


By special request (just for you Carol!), I am reposting "Little Miss Sunshine" featuring Cosmo Cricket papers and journaling cards. I believe I used three journaling cards on this layout - using two to create the window. It remains one of my all time favorite layouts, and seems so appropriate today with the sun shining for two days in a row. I don't see daffodils, but some dianthus are up out of the winter ground by about 5" - spring is coming!


For the window I stamped a bird in one section, and created a valance with Fiskars Threading Water border punch. I also framed it in with black cardstock.

Yesterday was my first photogrophy group meeting - comprised of several folks from our church and their friends. The groups are called BAGs (Blackhawk Affinity Groups), which bring together people with common interests in a small group. When a church is several thousand, like Blackhawk, small groups are key into getting connected and being a part of a church family.

The theme for our March meeting was "edible". Since I joined the group on Thursday, I quickly took some shots Saturday morning.

I took this photo with my Nikon D80 - and honestly am not beyond using any mode other than automatic yet. I have a lot to learn, but seemingly no spare time to learn it. I am sure you know how that goes!

Here is a close up using the macro setting on my Olympus C-765. I love my little pocket camera for close-ups. One of the folks in our group showed me how to get a macro shot with the Nikon - I was having trouble with that. I learned at least three things yesterday, and met about 8 great people. I already have ideas for the April challenge, which is "empty space". Totally scrappable ideas floating in my head - can't wait to try and make the visions become reality in a photo!

Have a wonderful Sunday - back to my bible study for class tonight, and I plan to finish a "Luck" themed layout for the Magistical Memories March theme contest - you still have time to create and enter for awesome chipboard!

1 comment:

Glenda T. said...

Rita this has to be one of my favorite layouts of yours, love that window and the pic. Beautiful!!