Sunday, January 4, 2009

Believe - and Grow


Days into the new year...most of our family has now recovered from a flu virus that hit hard Friday night. Three down at once, thank goodness Jesse was left standing to be nursemaid and clean up crew - I sure married a gem! Saturday we all rested/slept through the day (when we were not visiting porcelain) - and our legs felt like they weighed thousands of pounds. We have not been around anyone sick... so have no idea where we picked up that little bug. At one point we were all three on the couch, pathetically wrapped in blankets. We knew we were a miserable looking lot, and actually got a little laugh out of the situation. I tried to talk Jes into taking our picture (even though it meant I would look really bad) - but I could just see the layout. He didn't do it though...darn, the one time my kids would have been too out of it to protest or run from the camera. (LOL)

I created the layout abouve using BoBunny's Believe collection and the wonderful Holly Frame from Magistical Memories. The layout is really so simple - the frame really makes a statement. I simply painted it - using Making Memories Ruby Glaze on the frame, painted the leaves evergreen, and spritzed Forest Glimmer Mist on them. I also used the Ruby Glaze over the berries, and added bling (of course).



I was happy to find BoB Xmas papers from 2 yrs ago, or more, that coordinated beautifully to work behind the scenes in this layout.

Although Abby is adorable in her Santa hat, I chose to center this layout around the true meaning of Christmas, and included John 3:14 in the journal block. As a believer in Christ, my word for 2009 is GROW.

I desire to grow in relationships: with Jesus, with my family members and with my friends. I really look forward to the bible studies that help me do this.

I also desire to grow in my profession, although I am not sure what I would even call myself these days... (LOL) This definitely includes my work at the Scrapbook Superstore, but I would also like to grow as a designer.

By focusing on GROWTH in these areas, I know that I will grow as a person. Afterall, there is no journey less exciting than one which has become stagnant. I encourage you to take steps to grow in the various areas of your life. If something is missing, seek it, embrace it, and grow with it.

No comments: