Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Journey Card for Graduates


June - the month for graduations and weddings.  This month BoBunny's blog will be featuring both, so be on the watch if you are looking for ideas. Today the team shares ideas for graduation cards.
My card wa smade, literally, with scraps left on my table from previous Mama-Razzi layouts.

Hot tip for a fast card - use a stapler to fasten embellishments. This works especially well for a masculine card, but use the colored staples by Memory Makers and the pinks and bright blues look fab on a girly card as well. I stapled the cardboard, which I had gruned up with paint, and made it a part of the embellishment.  However, I also stapled the cardstock sticker in place, but the chipboard piece hides that fact. It was the easiest way I could think of to build on top of corrugated cardboard and have the card hold up in the mail.
I love the Every-Which-Way arrow chipboard frame by Magistical Memories. I thought it perfect for a grad card, especially one who is still undecided about their future. Most of all - I like the symbolism of life being a journey that will take many directions. My greeting for the inside is based on this...here is what I came up with (actually while typing this blog)...
Life is a journey that will take many directions. Stay focused on God, and you will never take a wrong turn.
BoBunny Supplies Used:
Mama-Razzi papers - Dot, Word, Slides, Shutter, Stripe; Combo Sticker i
Roughin' It One With Nature rub-on (compass)
Other:
Every Which Way chipboard shape by Magistical Memories
"Journey" acrylic stamp by Impression Obsession "Express Yourself"
Jute
Cardboard
Paint: Liquitex, Folk Art acrylics
Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink

The next time you finish a layout I challenge you to make a card right away, and utilize the scraps that are right at your fingertips. If I did this everytime I finished a layout I would never run out of cards - and I bet your supply would grow as well!

Thanks for coming by, happy creating!
Rita S.


No comments: