Monday, June 7, 2010

Does your camera get this reaction?


The first time I laid eyes on BoBunny's Mama-Razzi collection I felt like it had been designed specifically for me!! My husband cannot stand to have his photo taken, if he spots the camera his hand automatically goes up in front of his face.
Since children learn from their parents...I have been dealing with the same reaction from my children, especially if they are in a grumpy mood. This layout is completely inspired by the Mama-Razzi line, and I had plenty of similar hubby photos to choose from. I also know that somewhere, in my vast collection of photographs, are pictures of the kids with their hands in front of their face, but to expedite creating this layout, they were more than HAPPY to oblige me in doing a retake of such a photo, so I could print them right away. I have a photo filter add on with my Photoshop, and one of the options is to put a "papa-razzi" filter on the photos - of course I had to do that with these photos - more than appropriate! (LOL)

I love the new 12x12 chipboard shapes BoBunny is now offering in their collections, and a number of chipboard pieces made it into this layout. Also, instead of matting the photographs you may notice that I simply distressed the edges of the photo with acrylic paint. I did not have an ink pad in the color I wanted to distress my blocked paper edges, so I custom mixed a few paints to get the desired blue. While I had it mixed and plenty leftover, I decided to get a flat brush and dry brush around the edges of my photo. This layout was a bit messy to create, but a whole lotta fun!  I already know that some of you get the same reaction when your family spots your camera, by a few comments I receivd when this layout went live on the BoBunny blog.
For those of you who have not seen this yet, but can relate, I urge you to scrap the "hands in front of the face" photos - because, let's face it - this is a bit of reality in our lives. AND I keep threatening my family to scrap all the bad photos if I am going to get so little cooperation...another truth... I have learned to bribe when necessary. (LOL)

Happy creating, and happy shooting!
Rita S.!

No comments: