Friday, June 4, 2010

BoBunny Paradise - Footprints in the Sand


In May, ACOT issued a unique challenge for their monthly contest. The challenge was to utilize an embellishment already found in your stash, and let it be the inspiration for your page. I seized upon this theme to utilize a product that has been in a drawer since my early years in scrapbooking, so it is easily 4-5 years old. The embellishment is simply a tiny acrylic jar, or vial, with cork stopper. I have been wanting to utilize this item into a layout ever since I captured Abby's toes in the sand one day on the beach late last August. I am happy to finally have scrapped this page!
I admit, I have tons of fun playing with the chipboard crab shape by Magistical Memories. As I have done before, I ran the chip through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dot folder. First, however, I dry brushed red arylic paint onto the shape, trying to mimic the distressed letters in the very dimensional looking cardstock sticker. Check out the drop shadows under the letters that spell SAND - BoBunny does such a fantastic job on their 3D stickers!
I also realized that Ranger's Distress Stickles in Corduroy does a great job of imitating sand. I added it to the flower petals, on the title stickers, as well as on the crab to make it look as though he had just emerged from the sand below. He is also reaching for the shiniest button - for no reason other than it was plain fun to do. (LOL) Also to note, I loved the seagull image on the background "Pier" paper, but my "sand" cardstock sticker item was going to cover it up. I decided to use a craft knife, cut it out, ink the edges and add a little bling, before setting it upon the letter T to  perch. 

Alcohol inks were used to change the color of combo sticker alphabets. The neutral Paradise alphabet matched the background “Pier” paper design perfectly. Stream alcohol ink was mixed with Perfect Pearls and water in an small misting bottle, and misted over the letters. Once dry, a chisel tip brown marker was used to outline the letter stickers, while holding each letter with fingers, before setting them onto the page. 
I could not find a quote, or a bible verse, that tied in real well with the photo, so I decided to make one up. To print journaling on cut-outs, cut out the 6x6 shape from the page, and set up your journaling to fall within the design as desired, cutting out shapes if desired, once printed. The journaling reads: If you want to leave footprints in this world, you need to get on your feet, dig your heels in, and stand firm in your convictions…but, don’t forget to enjoy the warm sand between your toes.
I hope you find something in this layout to inspire you. I know I have at least on more BoBunny project from May that I need to share, so stay tuned!
Supplies Used:
BoBunny Paradise: Papers – Pier, Surf, Cut-Outs, Harbor Die-Cut , Sunset; Surf’s Up Cardstock Sticker, Combo Stickers, 12x12 Chipboard, Buttons and Bling, iCandy Brads, Rub-On
Other: Mama-Razzi Flowers, Brilliant Blue Double Dot Ribbon
Cardstock: BoBunny Dot Wild Berry and Coffee Dot
Other:
Crab Shape: Magistical Memories Chipboard (dry brushed with red acrylic, embossed in Cuttlebug with Swiss Dot folder, and used Distress Stickles to add bits of sand)
Bling Scroll: Recollections
Pearl Stickers: Kaiser Crafts
Glass Vial: Making Memories?
Sparkle Medium: Mod Podge by Plain Entr., Distress Stickles-Corduroy by Ranger, Glimmer Mist
Colorbox Chalk Inks
Ranger Alcohol Inks and Perfect Pearls

Happy creating,
Rita S.

No comments: