Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Father's Day or Family Layout Ideas

Father's Day is coming up Sunday! Remembering dad with an 8x8 scrapbook album is a great way to preserve many years of memories. I thought I would share a few 8x8 page spreads I created for a friend, just in case you are looking for some ideas for  family page spreads.

The first spread uses BoBunny's Mama-Razzi line. The 6x6 cut outs available with almost every BoB collection make 8x8 page spreads a piece of cake. I apologize that I did not take close ups. The chipboard tab shapes are by Magistical Memories, simply inked and secured with antique copper brads, which look fantastic with Mama Razzi. For a masculine look, to celebrate the dad's in our lives, I distressed the paper edges with a craft knife and ink.
The second spread I thought I would share utilizes some very old product from years ago, I believe, in the days of ScrapTalk and serving on their design team! I remember how much I enjoyed this line of papers, the colors and patterns, and the puzzle pieces were so much fun. For a family page spread idea, use puzzle pieces (perhaps paint or cover pieces from an old puzzle with missing pieces) to create a "pieces of us" theme, and create a page that highlights gene traits that are predominant in your family.

The great thing about 8x8 albums is that the pages can utilize plenty of scraps, and if you are like me, there are plenty of those being "saved for just the right" project.

Hope you are leaving with some ideas, and thanks for popping in.

Happy creating,
Rita S.


No comments: