Friday, June 4, 2010

Devoted to Our Dads!!

June is a month to celebrate fatherhood - and our family is very fortunate to be blessed with Jesse as a husband and father. I love my man MUCH, but he sure does not care to have his photo taken, which makes it difficult to find a picture of he and the kids when I want to scrap an annual Father's Day layout.
 Fortunately, I did find this pic of he and the kids on the carosel at Little Americ a couple of years ago. So while other BoBunny designers are scrapping dad's day layouts with Roughin' It...my layout is a bit brighter...using Flowerchild which works well for the clothing my kids happen to have on.
Note that instead of a photo mat, I "matted" my photo with a stitching stamp found in BoBunny's Distress Me Out set. A tip for doing this, position your photo, and be sure to place a piece of paper OVER your photo before stamping. Should your stamp not hit perfectly, it really won't affect anything.
Jesse is a devoted father. He takes time to play with them daily, helps with homework - he has a gentle and loving spirit and our children are so blessed by him. I happened to have a word stamp with the word "devotion", which I was thrilled to discover as I was finishing this layout up. To stamp on the light glass surface of the Combo Sticker tab I used Staz-on ink.

I had some other photos from our day at the amusement park, and I worked them into this layout by tying in the journaling. Check it out below.



Using Flowerchild also put me in the mood to doodle, and I have not done that in a while. A simple doodle was an easy way to frame out the "LOVE" sticker. I "got into it" and doodled around the die-cut as well as some other places as well. Keep this in mind regarding doodling...it does NOT have to be perfect. Doodling is supposed to be fun, not taxing. It's a way to let the child inside come out and play for a bit...think back to school days and doodling in your notebooks - enjoy it!
I hope you will create a layout about a father or dad who has meant a lot in your life - the person might not even be related! Be sure to link it up at the BoBunny blog to have your name placed in a drawing for some fab product!
Happy Creating,
Rita S.

1 comment:

anazelia said...

what a great page. my hubby is the same way. hates getting his picture taken and when he does he makes the worst face. but on occassion I get a good one.

love how you matted the photo with a stamp.