Saturday, August 1, 2009

Are you a card stamper?

This past week I made 24 cards for a silent-auction, it was to raise money for a little girl who has Rhett's syndrome - a type of autism. When I heard her mother was a card maker/stamper I figured "ohhh, I better make some outstanding cards!" The pressure was on, but to be honest - stamping cards (at least 2 dozen of them) takes longer than paper piecing and adding rub-ons and chipboard accents. The cards turned out quite nice, and I actually loved several so much I kept them for my own cardstash and duplicated the design for the auction.

I was hoping to use my SuperT Xmas tree stamps and make a set of Christmas cards as well, but didn't have a chance. One thing I realized tonight, as I was looking for an image of a card I did in which I colored in the image for a challenge - I have none. I pretty much use my Staz-On and other colored inks. Last Christmas I stamped cardinals with holly and used ink markers to actually color my stamp, so red and green are applied at once - which was pretty cool. I also stamped adorable snowmen and spritzed with a concoction of Perfect Pearls and Adirondack Blue Stream Alcohol inks - and the cards turned out gorgeous! But I gave them all away - and geesh - I have none to share.

Why was I looking? Because I was visiting Melissa's blog - she is celebrating her blogaversary and is giving away a most awesome prize package including a Memory Makers Slice! Check it out here.

While I was at Melissa's blog and admiring her creativity I noticed the Copic Marker giveaway. I loved Copics when I worked at the LSS, but I don't stamp images that need to be colored in enough to warrant buying each as they are an investment. They are wonderful markers, however, and Melissa has a link to a blog that is giving away a set. I just need to stamp and color in an image by August 9!

Tomorrow we are gone all day - but it looks like I have a little time to do some stamping. Guess I can work on this year's Christmas card design. Or maybe reuse my snowman stamp as I just love snowmen - and create something a little different with it. Are you joining in?

No comments: