Monday, August 10, 2009

BoB Sweetie Pie Keepsakes Box


What's more fun - making a gift FOR your little girl, or making one WITH her? This little box is for Abby, for Christmas. I wanted to create it for a couple of happening challenges this month. First, for Magistical Memories August challenge, which is to create a project with "kiss" in it, and of course use chipboard. For this project I used both a fancy plate covered with BoBunny solid green paper, pre-printed with a title, and also used the little heart buckle shape - painted red and covered in red Stickles. A BoB heart design from the Sweetie Pie line fit perfectly in the opening. Note that my "kiss" is found in the XOXO design of the BoBunny metal embellishments.

Secondly, up through November A Cherry On Top is hosting a Christmas in July challenge. Starting last month, if accepting the challenge, participants are to make one Christmas gift a month. I created a lot of handmade gifts, and was working ridiculously up to Christmas Eve last year. If I don't have gifts made by December 1 this year...then forget it, it's store bought. I want to enjoy the season, and sit in the glow of tree lights. So family, IF you are reading this and you want homemade gifts - we need to draw names NOW! (LOL)

As I said, this gift box is for Abby. I made it specifically to hold the handmade cards I have made her thus far in her life, and will be making for those proud, or encouraging, moments. I originally bought the cigar box for my husband's cards, but learned I bought some pretty BIG cards before I started making them. (LOL) He has always been a keeper of sentimental things like this, and I see our son does the same. I will need to make more boxes, bigger ones, for my guys.


Unless I scrap when the kids are in bed, it is hard to do anything in secret. Abby caught sight of it and loved it. She wanted to help, so I let her create a pattern for the buttons along the sides. My criteria was to have a green button in the center. My girl is good with patterns, and has a good eye. I think she will make a talented memory artist someday! (there's a story to be shared/scrapped with that statement!)

When the box was all done she asked if she could have it. Why do kids ask questions? (LOL) I told her that it indeed was for her, but she would have to wait -for either her birthday or Christmas. I hope the latter. I have made it a tradition to make each of my family members a homemade Christmas gift - I would like to chalk this up as one down, two more to go for my household.

Are you making Christmas gifts? Have you started yet? Will this help motivate you? Only 140 days until Dec. 25th! (LOL) Happy creating!

No comments: