Wednesday, August 5, 2009

BoBunny August Sketch Challenge


Do you enjoy sketches? I know that many love sketches as it really helps to generate some mojo to get a layout started. BoBunny offers sketches regularly, I believe monthly, and if you participate in the challenge - you just may win some fabulous BoBunny product!

For this layout I applied a "dramatic" filter in Photoshop (using a free filter plug-in) to my photograph. I chose a blue and green duo-chrome color scheme to add even more drama to the layout. To emphasize our daughter, who appears rather small in the photo, I used a BoBunny Chunky Chip bracket frame in green, which I coated with sparkle Mod Podge.

Here is the original sketch from the BoBunny blog:


If you create a layout and send to bobunnyblog@gmail.com by August 17th you will get your name in the drawing!

I flipped the sketch for my layout, and chose to use ribbon instead of paper scallops. Papers and stickers used are from BoBunny's Popsicle and Calypso collections. I used my Coluzzle circle template/knife as well as my Creative Memories circle cutting tools to cut around several of the circle-shaped flowers in the patterned paper. I distressed the edges and mounted each on white cardstock, which in turn was distressed along the edges. I used a micro-tip scissors to cut slightly into and around each white circle to create fringe. The flower was placed inside the white circle, a gem sticker, or sequin was added to the center, and I pulled up around the edges, keeping my thumb firmly in the center, to bend the paper and add dimension to the flowers.

I then replaced the flowers in the layout with foam adhesive, and used a clear glaze pen to make the stems stand out a bit more.

Hot Savings Tip!
Note that I used pieces of sticker border to embellish the stems of the flowers in patterned paper design. For this layout the inside of the loops were used as little leaf buds and extra loops were used as larger leaves. Waste not, want not!

Prior to cutting into the center floral paper, I printed the title and quote, and outlined the word "Journey" with a black Sakura glaze pen to emphasize it as my title.


I added green stickles to the green BoBunny flower, and layered a white Bazzill flower underneath, and used a beautiful BoBunny brad from the Alissa line in the center. Green double dot ribbon "leaves" were stapled near top (under the flower) to add fullness.

As an accent to the far right side of the page, and to pick up on the ruler border used in the photograph, I utilized natural twill measuring tape "ribbon" from my stash, which I colorized using a mixture of alcohol ink and water, and then rubbed with chalk ink while still wet.

If you're looking for a sketch to get you started, do visit BoBunny's blog where challenges are posted weekly to keep you scrapping. Enjoy your journey, and create a long the way!

No comments: