Friday, July 31, 2009

Orange You Ready for One More?


So who besides me remembers all the "orange" knock knock jokes? For the past several days those jokes have been in my head - totally crazy! I have totally fallen in love with BoBunny's Mango Luau this past week - more than ever! I was thrilled to see that my "You Are Missed" card made "LOTD" at Create My Keepsake. And although "Cherish You" is made with the Abbey Road collection, I was even more thrilled to see it made the Catwalk this past week at SisTV.

I have scraps of Mango Luau left, and am hoping I can squeak out one more layout with photos I found. However, I may have to make a trip for more - as tonight we went to the local coffeehouse for music and favorite drinks, and as I was taking photos I realized Luau would go great; although if I wait for the new release of Flutterby it may be an even better match!

If you love orange you will love BoBunny's Popsicle line as well - it's a more light-hearted and fun-spirited orange, if you will; AND the perfect choice for these photos of Abby around 18 mo. of age. We were at the annual family reunion in July - her much older cousins were shooting hoops - and I certainly noticed how she kept eyeing their ball. She was standing left side at the front of the "court" -someone shot a basket and it ended up bouncing towards her - and she did not hesitate to snatch it up. We were all rather surprised she could even carry it - she was pretty small and basketballs are not the lightest things in the world. I loved these two photos and am happy to have finally scrapped them.

Ranger Stickles were used to highlight the letters from the Grease Monkey line. I love the boyish grid pattern on the letters, but as this is a cute girl layout - I had to bring on the bling. As far as Abby is concerned, the more sparkle in her layouts the better. (LOL)


I used a BoBunny heart sticker as a part of my sub-title, adding letter stickers from the stash. To make the heart stand out more I carefully covered it with Diamond Glaze for dimension. I should also point out that Cloud 9 Rain Dots make wonderful accents on the BoBunny chipboard scrolls.


Flower clusters are the ultimate embellishment grouping on a girly girl layout. Here a mix of Prima flowers, Kaiser gems, Doodlebug heart brad, and BoBunny buttons create a nice grouping. I love that clear BoBunny buttons just happen to "fit" a circle made with one of my punches for a custom button creation.


A couple of other fun notes about this layout. Notice how I cut out a portion of the photo on the smaller photo? I used my trimmer to crop a straight line, stopping short on either side of the ball. I then used a micro-tip scissors to finish cutting to and around the ball. I matted this on black cardstock, and used a Signo Uniball white pen and mini brads to mimic the design of the Popsicle papers. I love that creative moment when you realize you can use the patterned paper design as inspiration for an embellishment on a layout.

Lastly, I used the computer for journaling, but added an extra space between each word. This allowed me to cut out the words and piece my thoughts back together on the layout. A journaling card or solid strip of orange would have overpowered my journaling area and thrown the entire layout off balance. Allowing the blue to show through helps create a visual "orange" triangle and helps keep the focus on the photos.

BTW - I just have to recommend Mango Luau to my Fisk-A-Teer friends - with the brown, lime, and orange colors it really goes well with the colors seen at a typical Fisk-A-Teer event- not to mention matches one of my favorite Fiskars scissors! I am glad you stopped by, and hope you are able to glean at least one idea for a future layout. I'd love to hear what you may want to try. Orange you just lovin' all the orange that BoBunny uses in their product collections?

No comments: