Wednesday, July 29, 2009

BoB Birthday Card Challenge is a Piece of Cake!


The BoBunny birthday card sketch was a piece of cake! I knew right away I wanted to make a cake. I pieced the cake together myself - it's not perfect, but I think it makes it all the more fun! I used the bright colors of Love Shack, with a piece of black paper from Alissa as a backdrop to "pop" the cake. Core'dinations cardstock, embossed with the Cuttlebug "happy birthday" folder, and lightly sanded, serves as a base.


I stamped the candles (Hampton Art) with orange Staz-On ink on white cardstock, and used a pink glitter pen to fill in the dots. Orange Stickles color the flames. I cut each candle out after being colored, so you don't have to worry about coloring inside the lines. To add a little perspective to the candle line up, I "stamped off" before making impressions of three of the candles (found in the back row) - so they are a "faded" orange, and appear to be "in the distance".

I really put my black Sakura glaze pen to work; I also stamped "Make A Wish!" in orange, and traced over the letters with an orange glaze pen. Love my glaze pens!


To create a pretty cake plate, I used Diamond Glaze on top of the patterned paper to transform it into "rose glass" - anyone remember that ? My mother-in-law has some very pretty pieces. A Fiskars punched border, Kaiser Crafts pink gems and little ribbon and ric rack finish off this card. A piece of cake!

No comments: