Wednesday, July 22, 2009

ACOT Reveal and LYB Traveler


Hey everyone - did you get some rain? We did. It could have waited until Tuesday's open house was over, but we had a good turn out and we really needed it. It is warming up in a humid sort of way now...which is good for the birthday party Abby is attending tomorrow as water games are on the agenda.

I am deep into projects for looming deadlines, but wanted to take a moment to share the Little Yellow Bicycle projects I made for A Cherry On Top this month. If you would like to learn a little bit more about me, you can find the guest designer article on the ACOT home page, here.

The first project at the top of this blog is called Ful-Filled. Some things happened with my initial order at ACOT, and I missed out on the papers I originally wanted. There wasn't much left for me to choose from when my order was pulled, and I ended up with this old pick-up truck and gasoline signs. My mojo was briefly running empty - there had to be something better than doing a layout on gas prices, and we haven't really taken any long road trips. I suggested a layout about our bible study group, and my husband said, "why not do a layout on what fills you up?" Brilliant idea - good man, and that is what I did!!

I loved the bicycle paper and motifs in the Traveler collection - and they were perfect for yet unscrapped photos of Kyle on his first bike. It was a big moment for him. He had just gotten a little sister, who was getting all the attention from visitors and many gifts. Kyle needed a new bike, and was certainly a great big brother. He needed some extra lovin' too, and we bought him a brand new, shiny bike.


The third layout is of Abby in her travelling clothes and car seat. Not directly from Korea in this photo, but the layout does document her flight from Seoul - I am sure that girl has more frequent flyer miles from her one trip than I will ever have in my lifetime. Although someday I dream of all of us taking a homeland tour with her, but that rather depends on South Korea's neighboring country. I am concerned for the future for that area of the world. An idea to note on this layout, I scanned her original passport, printed and cut it out to create my own embellishment.

Little Yellow Bicycle offered great colors in the Traveller kit. I really love the transparent embellishments they offer. This was new to me, and I love how they can overlap a photo, and are sheer enough for the photo to peek through; OR it is easy to mount them and cut around if you want a solid background. Fun stuff! If you have vacation photos be sure to check out the Traveler line at ACOT!

Thanks for coming by!

No comments: