Saturday, July 25, 2009

BoBunny Luau - Miss You Card


Bright green, orange and brown are some of my very favorite colors, so of course I was drawn to BoBunny's Luau collection...even though we don't live on the ocean. The line lends itself way beyond flip flops and drinks with umbrellas. (LOL)

For this card I used die-cut paper as a template to create a bracket shape along the bottom of my card. I am so thrilled that BoB is coming out with their own die-cut paper - it will eliminate this kind of step. Of course you may notice that the striped paper is from the "U Bug Me" collection - being able to combine papers from various collections is one of the perks of scrapping with BoBunny.

The sentiment inside reads, "There's an empty space in my garden since you've moved away."

Some of the ideas to note in this card design include:
• Empty space on the front of the card emphasizes how the recipient is missed.
• Thin scraps of paper are used to create the leaves – which are folded and tucked behind the paper stem and caught into the design with the stitches.
• Polygon shapes in orange create a bright backdrop for the flowers and message.

I created this card for the BoBunny design team tryout, as you may guess. It was all going well until I got to the rub-ons. I saw them at Archivers on Thursday and knew they were perfect for my card plans - a nice small font called Perky by American Crafts in my favorite neutral - brown. I was pretty excited to find them, but today I found myself rubbing and rubbing - my arms even feel it hours later. The image would not transfer - talk about almost ruining my card! Fortunately the fine point on my chocolate Zig Memory Writer saved the day. I love my brown ZIG!!

If you are enjoying my projects I invite you to become a blog follower. I just added that option to my site - you can find it in the right sidebar. This site will be where my BoBunny projects end up. I haven't decided yet if I want to create a BoBunny libary as I did with my Cosmo projects, or if I should let readers find the project they want in the index.

Speaking of Cosmo, I need to pop over to Cosmo Cricket Creations and repost new winners, as I haven't heard from the others today. Check it out if you commented for the Early Bird giveaway!

4 comments:

Melanie Stanczyk said...

Love all your creations, best of luck on the call!

Dawne Carlisle said...

Awesome card Rita! You are one talented Chick... most deserving of a spot on the Bo Bunny DT! And I'm definitely a follower!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Loving all your Bo Bunny goodness! You are just so creative girl! Good luck!!!

(And no I never sign as Julia, so I am of no help to you! I hope you figure out who she is!)

ellen s. said...

what a cool card! love that shape along the bottom