Friday, July 17, 2009

Love Shack Cards - Sticker Inspiration!


Lemonade anyone?? Which do you prefer - yellow or pink? Or do you enjoy the more exotic flavors of lemonade now available, such as raspberry? I have a friend who gets those little packets of Crystal Light, which she dumps into her water bottle. I was thinking of her when I was inspired by the BoBunny Love Shack sticker depicting a lemonade stand. I thought it would be cute to make up a little basket of lemonades, chocolates and other simple pleasures for a birthday gift.


The stand on the sticker inspired the shape and design of my card, as well as the BoBunny blog sketch. I attempted to mimic the lemonade stand, deviating for artistic purposes. The lemonade stand shape was actually sketched onto chipboard and cut out. At the top of the card the patterned paper overlaps the back of the card, which is a 5x7 piece of paper from the Love Shack collection. I lightly tacked the overlap, and then opened the card and sewed on the inside of the card to create a hinge.

Once the two pieces were sewn together I simply cut around the backing cardstock with a knife to shape it as a match for the front of the card. Inside the sentiment simply reads "enjoy life's simple pleasures".


The stamp shaped sticker is credited with complete inspiration for this card. I knew I had a Magistical Memories postage stamp shape in my stash, and used it as a base. In addition to the stamp shaped sticker I utilized circle stickers as well. The stickers have a wonderful 3D effect and are a great way to add dimension without bulk for mailing a card.

I hope you find these cards an inspiration when trying to use up your cardstock stickers. I do have winners for my Cosmo Creations blog, but am verifying the grand prize winner of Early Bird to double check the mailing location.

Keep on creating in color!

1 comment:

Scrapbookers Addictions said...

First time bunny hopper here! I absolutely LOVE your lemonade stand card!! It is soooo cute! I also love lemonade and am partial to strawberry-lemonade. Have a great weekend!