Friday, October 30, 2009

Fall Home Decor - Scrap it!


Do you have a favorite seasonal decoration? I do! It has to be this gorgeous leaf candle grouping by PartyLite. I love it so much I decided to dedicate a page to it. Today I simply want to share the journaling for this layout with you:

Fall - our favorite time of year as a family. We welcome the cooler temperatures, and snuggling under the blankets on the couch. Our home is decorated with leaves...silk leaf garlands are woven in the wooden cafe rods, real leaves adorn the now empty flower pots at our front door, and the hallway, painted and stamped with fall colored leaves, is dressed in season.
Gracing the buffet that belonged to Rita’s grandmother, a favorite collection of PartyLite leaf castings are used to cradle our favorite fall scents of cinnamon, ginger and clove spice candles. Candles are also lit in wall sconces, along the top of the piano, flanking the television, and a large pillar candle is lit in its stand of metallic leaves and beads.
In 2009 Kyle, who had just turned twelve, took the initiative to get the candles burning. He asked if he could light them, and made it a part of his late afternoon ritual before he sat down to do homework. It was so nice to see how much he enjoyed the candles as well, and he also took responsibility to ensure they were snuffed out before going to bed.
Sitting in the glow of candlelight, breathing in the aroma of fall scents...these are just a few of the reasons that make fall a favorite season... filled with warm memories.
Now, I did not mention it in my journaling, but with Kyle's eagerness to create a candlelight ambience in our home, I couldn't help but think what a romantic young man he might make some day for a lady friend. At this point in his life, however, he has NO interest in girls. (LOL)

I am so in love with these adorable little stickers from Jenni Bowlin Studio. I found them at A Cherry On Top - thankfully I bought several sets. I am reaching for them over and over - love that they are little round circles - my favorite shape! ACOT is having a Halloween sale, too!


For my title I ran out of the chocolate letter "e"s -we all run out of that one, right? Noting the blush color in the paper design, I chose pink and toned it down with tan chalk inks. I also discovered a new color I love for fall, it is called Brick Red and it is a Brilliance ink - so it has a little shimmer. I used it to distress layout and letters mimic the warm glow of the candles


Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Bazzill Kraft, The Paper Co. (dark brown)
Papers: Kitchen Spice Ginger & Nutmeg, Delilah You & Me
Sticker: Kitchen Spice Combo
Alpha chipboard: BoB Chunky Chips in Chocolate and Blush
Alphabet Stickers: Jenni Bowlin Studios
Ribbon: Bo Bunny Orange Citrus Double Dot
Inks: Brillance Brick Red by Tsukineko, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Inks in brown and tan
Other: Thread

Thanks for coming by to catch a glimpse of fall in our home. Happy creating!

No comments: