Monday, October 12, 2009

BoBunny "Letters to Santa"


Letters to Santa Keepsake and Child’s Letterhead
First, I apologize for the delay. I really had wanted to have these instructions available first thing this morning. Thank you for returning if you looked for them earlier.

This project was inspired by my secret stash of letters that I have for each of the children - letters "mailed" to Santa, but he was kind enough to return them so I could preserve these wonderfuly childhood memories. BoBunny's St. Nick line, with its wonderful vintage Santa image, served as another source of inspiration, as did a simple #10 envelope.

BoBunny Supplies Used:
St. Nick Collection Papers: St. Nick, Holly Berry, Sleigh, Mistletoe, Toyland, Sugar Plum, Stocking, Noel
St. Nick Combo Stickers, St. Nick Cut Outs, Santa Dear Stamp, Holly Berry iCandy Jewels; Tis the Season Combo Stickers, Clover Dot cardstock, Clover Chunky Chips Alpha
Other:
Christmas stamps by Inkadinkadoo
Word stamps by
North Pole Stamp by Studio G- Hampton Art
Inks: Staz On by Tsukineko and Colorbox Fluid Chalk
Gem Stickers: Kaiser Crafts
Glitter medium: Stickles by Ranger Industries
Color mediums: Berol & General colored pencils, Krylon Gold paint marker, Memento ink markers
Thread

For this project I am trying something different in that the instructions are included directly in the images. Please let me know if this is a help or a hindrance. This project was created away from my home, in a room with no windows and one flourescent light. The quality of the photos is far from great, but I do hope it helps walk you through the process.











Below are images of the cover I created, in which there is a piece of chipboard sandwiched between BoBunny papers, and embellished with BoB combo and cardstock stickers, Chunky Chip alpa, as well as bling.


I decided to print a message to our daughter on the inside, because after all, once she receives this packet she will know all about St. Nick! I hope years will pass, and for now this is kept well hidden.


It was important for me to tie in the image of St. Nick with that of the Nativity scene, and our real reason for giving gifts at Christmas.



Once I had this project finished, I realized how cool it would be to create customized letterhead for Abby to write to Santa on. I used BoBunny's St. Nick stamp, stamped onto paper, and then set up my lines (to aid a young child in writing), box, etc. in Word. I printed out my document, and holding my stamped image sheet behind, in front of a light source, adjusted as needed. Once everything was in place I printed out my Word document and stamped the image with Staz On ink in the upper left hand corner. Using Staz On insures the image will not smear no matter what medium our child will use to color in the image, which I am certain she will do.


If you have letters to Santa sitting around in a well guarded spot, I encourage you to put them all into a keepsake such as this. One day, when your child moves away, it will make a super special gift when they celebrate Christmas the very first year they are living away from home. Thanks for joining me - happy creating!

3 comments:

Die Cut Lady said...

Rita,
I love this project! This will be so fun to look back at when she is all grown up.
Donna

Melanie said...

This has got to be one of the cutest ideas I have seen. What talent and creativity. I have two daughters and would love to give them each one of these. Any chance you might be selling these as a kit. I am not quite sure if I am talented enough to master your steps.

Melanie Stanczyk said...

Rita, this is so creative and cute!

I love the paper, I'll have to get me some this year!