Thursday, October 15, 2009

BoB Flutterby - Scrap Special Friends


Friendships make life worth living. When we spend time with friends we are in relationship, loving one another - and that is why God created us in the first place. Today I want to share a layout I created about a very special couple in our lives. The layout features products from BoBunny's Flutterby collection which is one of the most gorgeous lines ever!

For probably the past four years Jesse and I have been meeting with our close friends, Marv and Carol, for a bible study. We can probably count the number of Mondays we have missed in those 4 years on our fingers. We've made our getting together a priority in our lives. We share a meaningful study, and yes, sometimes we get off track. We've shared our fears, doubts, even our sins (and yes, we all have them). We've laughed until our sides hurt, and cried until we couldn't read the Word. And at the end of the evening we are always thankful for being together, for God's grace, and pray for those dear to us. This couple is like family to us, adopted parents and grandparents to our children.

But sometimes we lose control of life. Our routines are interupted, our daily lives consumed by thoughts that break our hearts. Cancer changes everything, and makes us realize how precious moments with special friends really is. I feel God is calling me to resurrect my former blog, titled "On My Way - Journey to Heaven", and plan to start sharing this weekend about life in the know of losing someone dear - soon.

I actually started typing about this and realized how long this could get - and hey, you are likely here to see projects and be inspired!! If you are interested in my ramblings, which friends at A Cherry On Top brilliantly suggested I call, "Mondays with Marv" - you can visit "On My Way - Journey to Heaven".

For all my creative friends, here are some other detail shots of "Together". I am so hooked on the pearl stickers that a number of manufacturers are making these days - finding uses for them in many ways! I wanted to include butterflies to symbolize the presence of the Holy Spirit and our journey as Christ-followers to the ultimate destination to which we fervently hope for in our faith.




Do you have photos of special friends that are not yet scrapped? I encourage you to get them out and create a layout soon. Do not wait for a tragedy or sad circumstance to preserve memories of treasured friendships. Create it, and share it with them, and you will all be strengthened in your relationship with one another.
Thank you so very much for hopping by. Happy creating!

No comments: