Friday, October 23, 2009


What do you get when you add this, to this below?

They equal a challenging two pager! As much as I love to tell a story with 1-3 photos, sometimes you end up with a lot of photos - maybe not an event, per say, but a scrappable moment you want to preserve in the memory banks. Such is the case with the new shoes Abby received shortly after school started. Wearing flip flops through the summer, we did not realize how much her feet had grown until she complained about her shoes after a gym day. Of course, by then, Kohl's, Payless, the usual shoe shopping haunts - were all sold out of her size. We gave up and headed to Michaels for some crafty items. A Marshalls is a few doors down - and I suggested we check it out. Wasn't even sure they carried shoes. Not many, mind you, but they had Skechers for kids, and most importantly - a pair in Abby's popular size! I wasn't sure about high tops - that worried me. But at around $15 for the pair - it was worth giving them a shot. Abby loved the cat images, and the cat charm so much that she quickly accustomed to high-tops. I personally loved the color scheme. The shoes came with two pair of shoe strings, and although it looked great from a cool merchandising standpoint, 1st graders are still learning to tie shoes- much less two sets of strings at once! The photo collage shows the shoes with the double strings, and then on her feet without. I wanted to capture how cool they really are/were.


Customize your very own bling flowers. Simply use Stickles, a glitter glue "crayon", shimmer mist spray, or whatever you like to add sparkle to your flowers.
I also added green Stickles to the leaves on the BoBunny "Harmony" stamped image.


Merchandise imagery. When I took the photos I knew right away I would want to cut the cat image and the charm image out from the photograph and use as a page embellishment. Setting the cat on top the title letters made me think of a typical "I can sit anywhere I want to, I'm a cat" attitude. (LOL)


Stamping after thought? Mask your photos with paper or even product packaging sitting on your work space, and stamp over your protected photos. This alleviates having to try to pull up the photos if already adhered, and takes the stamped image to the edge of the photo.


The story. Originally the 2 page sketch, which I created, for BoBunny's challenge showed a partial circle below journaling strips. Because I had a longer than usual story to tell - I opted to print my journaling on a larger circle and skip the strips. I always run a few draft attempts on scrap paper before printing on my good cardstock, and cut the circle shape out to see where I need to adjust my text.


Charmed, I'm sure. I loved the cat charm on the Skechers. I decided to keep the chain and cut around it, cut out the centers as needed, and suspend the charm from a "chain" with the BoBunny Double Dot ribbon. It even has digital shadows - just like a digital scrapbooking element.



One of the best things about this layout is that it uses BoBunny Christmas papers!! I love the double sided versatility of BoB papers. There are not that many companies who offer such diversity in their designs.
BoBunny Supplies Used:
Tis the Season Collection: Treasure, Carol, Yuletide and Stripe papers; Combo Sticker, Flowers, Buttons and Bling, Holiday iCandy Jewels; Gypsy Combo Sticker alphabet; Harmony acrylic stamp; CB Chipboard Alpha Chocolate; Clover 3/8” ribbon
Other:
Cardstock: The Paper Company (brown mat), Bazzill (white)
Autumn Leaves Bird Stamp
Ink: Staz-On by Tsukineko, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink
Kaiser Crafts turquoise pearls
Hero Arts (tiny gem)
Stickles by Ranger in green

I hope you have enjoyed this PURRfect two page layout. Well, truth be known, it is not perfect, but that's okay. I gave up perfectionism a long time ago in scrapbooking, and it is a lot more fun to just "go with it". For those of you who scrap two pagers often - kudos!! I truly find them challenging, and am happiest playing with a one page layout. (LOL) Thanks for coming by, and HOPPY creating!

No comments: