Sunday, October 4, 2009

Weekend Wrap


Whew! Another weekend over and I am ready for rest! I managed to get my "one single leaf" photos loaded to Flickr for the photography group challenge. At least I am not loading the morning of the meeting, as I have been doing. The photo above was taken at Indian Lake.

It was a productive weekend. Kyle seemed to make an amazing recovery from the nasty cold that hit him Friday, and he was able to enjoy his Saturday birthday afterall with some friends playing laser tag. The new PC did not make its appearance, due to a faulty video card, so probably a week's delay on that front. Bummer! I did get some major housecleaning done...things I have put off too long, ya know...like dusting the tops of doors, wiping down walls...the kind of stuff ya don't do every week. I am trying to get a jump on the joint birthday party dinner next Sunday by doing housecleaning and other tasks throughout the week.

BoBunny has their new catalog supplement up. Would you like to see the latest and greatest new releases? Check it out here.

If you would like to see some new layouts check out my Cosmo Creations blog for a couple of recent ones. I especially love the one of Kyle on the first day of school.

I did manage several cards for this weekend celebrating World Card Making day. Three, however, have been mailed out without photos. I did create one Halloween card which I shall share soon. I finished up some Christmas projects for BoBunny as well - I think you will enjoy the ideas.

I also made a little desktop plaque that I had promised my friend Marv. I had written this down from one of the messages at church a short while ago, "Because of His choice, we have a choice to make." I realize the clock keeps on ticking and as Marv's journey begins with the last fork in the road due to cancer. I needed to make this plaque a priority, and hopefully he will feel well enough tomorrow for a visit so I may deliver it. It is simple, and made with Crossed Paths products left from a short DT gig - I promise to take a photo.

As we head into a new week I am requesting prayer for Marv, his wife Carol, and their family and friend as we reflect on times shared, rejoice in the memories, and begin the process of saying good-bye to a man who is so very dear to our hearts. I know Marv is at peace with his condition, although the pain could be less. But he is joyful in knowing he will meet His Jesus soon. We never know when we might face death. Like Marv, we may get an advance warning, or it could happen tomorrow crossing a street, driving a car, whatever. Please consider the choice Jesus made - the choice to save all of humanity from the depths of our sin, so that we may spend eternity with our heavenly Father. He made the choice for you, He made the choice for me...and we in turn are given a choice. A day will come when I will in the presence of my Lord and Savior, and I will be rejoicing with my grandparents, and all friends who have gone before me.

No comments: