Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Scrapping Photos in a Series - FAST!


In between deadlines I like to catch up with photos I have had a urge to scrap. I must have at least 4 layouts-to-be set aside on my workspace. These usually consist of photos, papers, die-cuts and anythng else that I intended to go with certain photos.

I was thrilled to see Juliana Michaels sketch for ACOT's September challenge. Love the little circle elements - right up my alley. I followed the sketch pretty closely, which is a rarity for me. Doing this also made the layout come together fast - probably took me 30 minutes.

I had trouble finding alpha stamps to fit my words into the title -seems I am missing my L's from my Julie Geiger stamp set. To remedy the situation I inked a number one - positioned upside down, and also used a bracket (being careful not to ink the top bar).

At times we will lose letters to our alpha stamps - IMPROVISE. Either mix and match fonts from other sets, or get creative with what is remaining in the set.

I used My Mind's Eye papers and a die-cut to make this layout come together very quickly, and used old alpha stickers deep in my sticker stash drawer - from Imaginisce. It felt good to use old letter stickers! A bling frame by Heidi Swapp helps create a focal point, as otherwise three similar photos would make one wonder where to look first. (LOL)

Juliana's sketch challenge is taking place throughout the month of September at ACOT. You can use my layout as a base if you would like - it truly does follow it almost to the letter. Post your project in the ACOT gallery for a chance to earn some points. Don't be afraid to follow a sketch closely if it really works with photos on hand - it totally speeds up the creative process!

No comments: