Monday, June 8, 2009

Last Week of School - Summer and Calypso!


BoBunny's Calypso collection screams summer at me. I love the bright colors, and fun designs. I used Janelle Richmond's sketch at Magistical Memories to scrap some older photos, taken 5 years ago- Abby's first time setting toes into a body of water other than a pool or tub. She was not too sure about it, but at least she got her feet wet!

To create the title I used BoBunny chipboard letters - with imperfect strokes of blue paint added, leaving the edges brown to ensure the title pops off the page. If a layout title includes the word "wet", I cannot help myself but to use Diamond Glaze on top for a wet look, as seen here.


Sticker letters from Doodlebug and October Afternoon help to round out the title thought.

BoBunny acrylic swirls are PERFECT for any layout that features water. I used a mixture of Rangers "Stream" blue alcohol ink mixed with white Perfect Pearls powder to add a splattering of shimmering blue, although the photo does not show it off so well.


On Friday we released the Peeper frog that had resided with us through this past winter. Due to the cooler than norm temps his reintroduction into the wild was delayed.

He sure was happy to crawl into the crevice of a tree trunk, however!


And Kyle was happy to splash in the creek. He found little creatures of the insect? world under rocks - had no idea what they were, baby leeches? (ugggh - they just looked gross to me!) At any rate, I am glad I still have more "U Bug Me" papers left as he was happy to show me a number of creatures, and of course I took photos.


We had a busy weekend of graduation and birthday parties (Kyle's fifth grade graduation party was Thursday night - wow!), continued work on the bedroom makeover project, and new dishwasher installation. If you need one, I am HIGHLY recommending our new Kitchenaid model (KUDC03)- we can bareley hear the machine running and believe me, we have tested some pretty encrusted pans in there, which come out flawlessly clean! After 6 mo. without I am hoping this will now give me a little more scrapping time. It's the last week of school - hopefully more photo opps and I took off Thursday to help out with games on the last day. Hard to believe summer vacation starts on Friday - maybe because we are still wearing pants and jackets in June! (LOL)

2 comments:

Tessa said...

Hi there. I just found your blog thru the Bo Bunny blog. Just my style. I'll be a regular!

Dee Gallimore-Perry said...

Love your use of BoBunny!! :)

Dee ;)