Saturday, June 27, 2009

Summer Fruit


Do you have a favorite treat in the summer time? I especially love fresh fruit, namely, perfectly ripe strawberries. Anytime they go on sale in the off season I pick them up, so I especially love strawberry time, as in now.

Today's shared layout is clean and simple, and uses cardstock only. I simply picked up on the colors of strawberries themselves. Think of what you can do with cardstock to punch it up - literally. There are so many punches offered these days, they've become a staple in my "tool box" - especially border punches!

This morning Abby and I went to the local swim meet to watch some of her friends compete. It's a beautiful morning! It's not too hot yet, I need to get out and work in my flower beds. I have already worked on two layouts!

Later today we have an annual family get together on my husband's side. We have outdoor activities planned for evening - so rather hoping the rain holds off until quite late!

Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Such a 'sweet' page, Rita! I love the scalloped border. We're berry fans, too.

Julie Overby said...

Very fun layout, Rita!! Makes that berry look so yummy!