Thursday, June 18, 2009

Cosmo Cricket Mini Album Class - FREE!


I am not sure how many openings are left, but last night I realized that my mini album class at the Middleton Public Library is only weeks away - I have LOTS of prep work to do!! We are gearing up for 20 class participants, which translates into 20 kits that I need to put together! That, and I am doing a guest design team spot next month - so I guess I have to get busy with my creative projects! If you live in the Middleton, Wisconsin area - you may want to see if there are any openings if you are interested. The class is being held Tuesday, July 7, at 6:30 p.m.

The 6x6 album, called "Summer Fun", is perfect for a variety of 4x6 photos to document your summer activities. It features the bright colors of Cosmo Cricket's Snorkel line. Because we have only one hour for the class, my goal is to have everyone create their covers. I will have everything pre-cut and packaged for the inside pages, which could easily be finished at home after class.

What I really hope to convey in my class is the fun of playing with chipboard. The Seahorse shape by Magsitical Memories is covered with several paints and sparkle. It, and many other fun shapes by Magistical Memories, such as the Starfish, Octopus, and Fish are great for summer pages and projects. In fact, right now there is a 25% sale happening at MM - visit today to get a deal on fun summer shapes!

We are going to be painting and having some fun in my class, so don't "dress to the nines"!

I woke up this morning with a nice surprise message in my inbox. My recent BoBunny layout is featured in the ACOT designer picks! Check out this article for great, scrappin', eye candy. It really surprised me, perhaps because I am the one who knows the mistakes made in that layout.(LOL)

See those CUTE fishies? Great chipboard shapes by Magistical Memories covered with paper from the Love Shack line. Well, that top fish was not in my original design plan...but I tried stamping on the photo with Staz-on ink, you see. And, well, it smeared. :-( Now, it shouldn't have - I know people do it. I suspect, however, that one has to have a bit more patience to allow it to dry. I stamped a swirl, bleeding it off into the background paper. It would have, could have looked cool. But I kept on creating instead of walking away from the project. OOPS! When I am in the creative mood, or have creative time - maybe that's a better phrase these days - I just like to keep on scrapping!

Hope today's journey is a good one. Remember to pray for our country and everyone who have experienced job loss and are in transition. This hit a couple of my family members these past few weeks. I hope they can find jobs soon - like so many others. Remember to F.R.O.G.!

3 comments:

Leslie Ashe said...

How cute is your album!! Good luck on your class! Sounds like a wonderful turn out!!

Have a great week and weekend!!

Julie Overby said...

Cute album, Rita!! Love all those bright colors.

Anabelle O'Malley said...

How awesome! I want a library like your's. Love the colors. ;)