Monday, June 22, 2009

Dad Tribute 2 - Basic Grey Periphery


As a parent I have noted how much more my husband will stop the chores he may have had on his mind to do, to play with the kids. They laugh, wrestle, and the kids climb on top of their father. Dad's are great for spontaneous fun.

Jesse is particularly good at being a dad, he has a great nurturing personality. I wanted this layout to document many of the fatherly tributes and qualities he has. I dug into my stash to find Basic Grey Periphery as the perfect compliment of papers to go with a photo of my family hiking a trail at Festge Park. The design is based loosely on a sketch at Create My Keepsake.

I have noticed that the clusters I love in digital scrapping are carrying over into my traditional layouts. It's fun to play and layer, and see what can be tucked in here and coerced into position there...I am not sure how I ever scrapped without 3D foam adhesive squares - I use them all the time now for multi-levels of layers.



The Magistical Memories Potty People guy shape is a perfect accent piece as you can see. Really, they are great with any guy layout - and you can get a package of both girl and guy shapes in various sizes. I especially love the smallest ones for use on greeting cards to that special friend.

I ordered these great new journaling cards (Jenni Bowlin? packaging is unmarked) from ACOT - they allow so much room for journaling - and I especially like that for those times when I have a lot to "say"!


I ended up making a Father's Day card that utilized the same photo. On the inside it reads: "Thanks Dad, for keeping us on the straight and narrow path!"
Products used are an older line of MME Kaleidescope papers.


Do you have an activity that you remember doing with your dad? Or perhaps you have developed some characteristics in which people, or even yourself, can see your father in you. I know I have many qualities that come from my father, and that is subject for another layout. Don't let those "dad memories" slip by - be sure to create layouts about the dads in your life, as well as the kids and pets.

For those of you who subscribe to this blog, I want to give a heads up that the URL may be changing. When I created this blog the original names I had in mind were taken, so I came up with something in needed moment, but I wish it were shorter and easier to remember. With that in mind, I am going to play around and see if I can come up with something similar, shorter, and available.

I am also working on setting up another blog - a gallery, if you will, dedicated to my projects created with Cosmo Cricket. I have been wanting to do this for some time. I actually want to create 3 new blogs total, dedicated to my three top manufacturers - my "dream team" list. "Cosmo Cricket Creations" is still in the works. I finished a new collage style banner this evening - let me know what you think! I still have links, etc. to add to the side bar, and then I will get rolling on loading my Cosmo creations.

No comments: