Thursday, May 28, 2009

Looky Here! Basic Grey Lime Rickey!


Yes, it has been a while since I have shared on my blog. My apologies! I have been pretty diligent in focusing on uploading photos for development. I realize that our hard drive could, and probably will, crash anytime now. I DO NOT have time to back everything up on CDs - it would take a large spool and then some! Instead, I am going back through the 2008 photos and uploading those with the greatest meaning and those begging to be scrapped, to www.scrapbookpictures.com

I love Scrapbook Pictures for their excellent quality, customer service that surpasses all I have encountered, AND for the fact that they offer metallic as well as matte print finshes. I am having some floral, fauna and landscape pictures printed for framing - and the macro shots are magnificent with a metallic photo paper. Plus, through end of the month they are having a volume discount sale. It looks like I will be having about 300-400 photos printed - so my percentage off should be pretty decent!



For the creative visitors I want to share the layout I decided to enter in ACOT's May recipe contest. When I first spotted Lime Rickey by Basic Grey, I knew it would be perfect for so many things - whether it was scrapping our pet parrots, or our passion for birdwatching. When I spotted the Magistical Memories chipboard border in my stash - I thought of binoculars! To bring the idea about I painted the chipboard 2 colors, and punched circles from Lime Rickey for the accent circles. I also used my Fiskars squeeze punch to punch out the same blue bird image from the patterned paper to place in the "lens" of the chip binocs. The third circle in the border highlights a not so large image of an indigo bunting on a distant tree. It was the best I could get for a photograph with my camera at the time - the chipboard framing really helps it stand out. The border turned out to be a fun element for this layout!



Two ingredients in the recipe were to include stitching and at least 3 hearts. I accomplished that by covering a Magistical Memories bird shape with Patterned Paper, and used my folk heart punch to layer the shapes and create a wing on the bird. Orange cardstock from Basic Grey's old Gypsy collection helps to set the bird off the page. I stitched around the circle and used a micro tip scissors to cut into the seam, to create fringe for dimension.



When we go birding as a family we all pretty much have our own binoculars. When someone spots a bird we describe the tree or area it is in, and use the clock as a part of our dialogue to help direct the others to the spot. We were at the lookout point at Festge Park when Jesse spotted this seldom seen bird, and helped the rest of us find it with, "bunting at 2:00". I found clock stamps by Sandylion at Michaels a few weeks ago - I snatched them up, with my coupon of course, knowing that there have been so many times I had wanted a clock embellishment on my layouts. This stamp set will be well used, I am certain.

It's been a huge week on the prayer front. So many friends seriously ill, having major surgeries, tragedies it seems, everywhere. This evening I met with four wonderful lady friends for bible study at Crossroads Coffeehouse. Mary, the owner, is so gracious. She locked the door at 8 and assured us we could continue our conversation as they would be working a while yet. Well, two of us had yet to share! We didn't end up leaving until 45 min. past closing! Oh my...we will have to figure out how everyone can have equal share time and be considerate of the workers. Five women can seriously talk forever, if allowed. (LOL) This evening provides such clear evidence of why we need community with fellow believers. We give encouragement, draw strength from one another, and lift each other up - it is just an amazing gift God gives us.

This weekend Kyle heads off to bible camp. It's going to be a growing experience - he is not real keen on this night away. My goal is to have a room makeover awaiting him upon his arrival home. I don't know how it is going to go - the wallpaper border is off, but there is plenty of adhesive residue to scrub off. I was hoping to start painting Friday night, and instead I will be wall washing. Oh well!! It won't be a surprise as I had hoped because we had to start the prep work this week.

Well, off to continue cropping and selecting photo sizes at scrapbookpictures.com!! I just wanted to pop in before everyone wonders what happened to me! Tomorrow is Friday - enjoy the weekend! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: