Friday, March 26, 2010

BoBunny's Jazmyne - Inspiring!

When asked to do an Easter or spring theme layout for BoBunny, I instantly remembered several photos of baby animals with adults - always a sure sign of spring. There were ducks and ducklings, goose and goslings, baby chickens, and  the photo used in today's layout...sheep and lambs, which were being herded towards a gate.  This scene was a part of a Celtic festival - a sheepherding demonstration. My life really has nothing to do with sheep, unless one considers all the sheep parables told in the Bible. When taking this photo I already had it pegged for a layout about my faith, although I did not have a particular verse in mind.
Faith and beliefs can be a difficult topic to scrapbook, yet, it is often the essence of who we are as beings. To truly leave ones legacy behind through scrapbooking, I feel it is important to create pages of one's faith, values and beliefs.

BoBunny's Jazmyne papers, with peaceful greens and rich and royal purples was a perfect choice to not only compliment the photo, but purple itslef is known for its symbolization of royalty, and I thought perfect for a layout about Jesus, my King. The title and journaling for His Flock was inspired in church on March 22 - Jesus is always seeking members of his flock, even when we have given up on ourselves or in him. There was certainly a period in my life when I was a lost lamb, but years ago I was given the gift of a vision that assured me I was never alone. You can hear the message on line if you like. The new dimensional iCandy stickers are perfect accent pieces - these are the types of embellishments I could and would put in a lot of time making - and really save time when adding finish touches.
Have you scrapbooked a page about your faith, beliefs, or what you really value in life? I really encourage you to do so, I think it is so important. Look for photo opportunities that could symbolize your faith -  analogies of sheep are used throughout the bible. Upon seeing this flock being maneuvered towards a gate by a sheep dog, I knew right away a photo would allow me to scrap a faith-based layout.
Magistical Memories chipboard was used for this layout.
Mix mediums to achieve a unique look. The fence was inked with three shades of chalk ink, spritzed with Latte Glimmer Mist, and dry brushed with a bit of white paint to give the illusion of a gate whose paint has worn off, similar to the one in the photo.

A mixture of dimensional paint and white flock give the lamb chipboard shape a wooly appearance. I ill admit that I was not satisfied with my first coat of flocking, using the ATG gun to apply adhesive resulted in some vertical streaking. I had not tried to cover such a large area before. I attempted a second coat of flocking by applying mod podge on top, and although I covered generously with flocking, it basically became absorbed in wet adhesivve and I was back to where I began once all dry. At that point I decided a soft, flocked lamb was not necessary - layouts are not made to be painted, right? (LOL)  Instead, I grabbed the dimensional texture paint intended for home wall decor, and used a popsicle stick to apply the thick paint, adding uneven, "wooly" texture.
Supplies Used
BoBunny:
Jazmyne collection: Noteworthy, Peridot die-cut, Mist; iCandy Stickers, Buttons
Coffee Dot cardstock, Chunky Chip Bracket –Chiffon
Other:
Bazzill Cardstock
Magistical Memories fence and lamb chipboard shapes
Basic Grey Wilma Font chipboard
American Crafts letter stickers
Jenni Bowlin pearl flower clusters
Paints: American Royal Purple, FolkArt Titanium White, Delta Texture Magic –white, Lumiere Pearlescent Magenta by Jacquard Entr.
Shimmer mediums: Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Latte (fence) Old Lace, Shimmerz in Bamboo (on bracket shape)
Inks: Colorbox Chalk Inks
Flock: Doodlebug -white
Adhesives: Mod Podge by Plaid, Glue Dots, ATG by 3M
Jute – brown

If you are Christian celebrating the season of Easter, I encourage you to scrap about your faith and beliefs. No matter what you believe in or value, creating these types of all about me pages will give insight as to who you are as a person, and will hold great meaning for the future generations that read them.
Happy creating,
Rita S.

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

Rita! I just saw your BEAUTIFUL layout on the BoBunny blog and had to say ... "GREAT JOB!" Not only on your amazing handiwork, but the boldness and beauty that you testified of the loving grace of our Savior!!! :) My heart was filled! Such a beautiful word picture of our Redeemer's plan! Thank you for sharing!
Happy Easter! "He is Risen!"

PezKat said...

Rita this is such an awesome layout!! Gorgeous visually, and a wonderful idea spiritually. As we don't have children I don't get to scrap Easter egg coloring or hunts, but this would be a great way to include Easter in my albums! Thanks for the ideas.

Ann Edwards said...

This beautiful layout on the BoBunny site brought me to your blog as I was so inspired by it! The colors and other symbolism are awesome and your journal entry of your faith is wonderful! TFS

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love this page! Wonderful work!

Dani said...

Thank you for sharing; it's been very encouraging just reading about your love for our Lord! Each time I see your Bo Bunny work featured on the blog, I look for little things you write about the faith we share and that encourages me much. God bless you!

Unknown said...

i love the layout!!! the little lamb is so cute! thanks for sharing!!