Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Kiss Kiss! Valentine


Not for the kids, but your significant other! This is a great card to announce a pre-arranged date for your sweetheart on Valentine’s, or any occasion. Featured for this project is Making Memories Noteworthy Valentine Collection. I used the Patterned Papers, Journal Cards, and adorable tickets; and the CUTEST lovebirds chipboard shape from Magistical Memories.

When I saw the paper design on kraft stock I knew it would make a perfect card for the man in my life. Not too "valentiney" - yet romantic. The journaling card pack is so versatile - and have much more uses than just journal cards. In this design I stitched it on the cardstock backing, and it actually became the front of my card.



In a small Ranger mister I mixed a few drops of Fire Brick distress ink with a smidgen of Perfect Pearls, filled the mister to the top with water, shook well, and misted the chipboard shape. I then took a nub and smeared a little more red ink on the wings and breast areas of the bird to make these areas pop a bit more. The wings are propped up with a glue dot. To ensure your heart shape is symmetrical in design be sure to flip your punch over and position it as you wish before punching.



I created a little itinerary on the inside with plans for our date night. One of my favorite free fonts is Social Animal, and I thought its distressed look went well with the Making Memories tickets. Can you see how this card goes beyond Valentine's Day for any date night invitation?

Another Valentine made using the Making Memories Noteworthy collection is this one:


Again, using the journaling sheet as the front of the card. I matted the kraft patterned paper onto red cardstock for durability. A ticket and chipboard heart by Doodlebug decorates the front of the card.


Open it up and a Quickutz tag pocket is adhered under the journaling sheet with a tag invitation for date night. These cards are so easy to make with the Noteworthy collection. I hope you make some time for romance in your journey - too often we take our husbands for granted - they need love, too!

No comments: