Thursday, December 18, 2008

Friendship Xmas With The Littles



HOT NEWS FLASH!!
Before I get into my post - there is a REALLY BIG SALE going on at K-Joi with lots of the designers there marking their WHOLE stores at 50% OFF!!! That includes commercial-use items, too! It starts on Thursday, December 18th and only runs for 4 days... so get over there for the big savings!

I love Magistical Memories border shape called The Littles. This cute boy/girl boy/girl piece is a perfect accent for pages about friendships. With our daughter in kindergarten - The Littles are a great reflection of what it means to be in a new life chapter. Abby is making so many friends in school, and on the bus. It seems she knows everyone!

There is a small private internet group of which I have belonged to for what must be at least four years now. I had a layout published in F&W Publications idea book "Fabulous Friendships" about these gals - we "chat" almost daily giving one another feedback about our projects. But much more than that - we are there for one another through all of life's trials and celebrations. This year I wanted to send them a Christmas card that celebrated our special friendship - and a border of The Littles was perfect. To fit in a standard #10 envelope I did cut off one boy and girl from each border. I will use one to make an ornament for Abby, to celebrate all the new friends she is making in her first year in at public school. The other pairs will be great for friendship pages.

The image above shows a close up of Magistical Memories chipboard treated with a special recipe offered by Tim Holtz from his 12 Tags of Christmas. I simply mixed one dropper of Brick Red distress ink, with an approximate 1/8 teaspoon of Ranger Perfect Pearls into one of Tim's misters, and filled the remaining with water. In effect you are making a homemade version of Perfect Pearls or Maya Mist. Bring these treated pieces into the sunlight and you will see the sparkle!

I kept the chipboard treatment very minimal as I do want my friends to reuse their chipboard shapes in their own scrapbooking projects. In essence, the card bore the gift. Depending upon the paper chose you get very distinctive looks. Using Basic Grey I achieved an almost vintage Christmas feel on the first card, shown below.


Utilize a brighter, whiter, fun polka dot paper and the card just screams Christmas joy and fun! Especially with a kickline of kids! As you may guess, I dove into my stash of Christmas papers to create this card. The Littles really do take center stage and one barely notices the paper, so I chose to use my stash.


I used Staz On inks to stamp little words onto the "Littles", and carried the theme through to the greeting inside, which is also my wish for you this Christmas.

I pray you find peace in knowing God - even through difficult times, passion in Christ, joy in the Spirit, wonder at the great things He has done, hope in His eternal promise, and love in your heart. May your new year be filled with health, happiness and blessings.

I also pray safe travel for those of you hitting the road for family gatherings. My brother and his wife left from California this morning - and will be driving right into a storm front! We are supposed to get 5-10" of snow tonight. I know the kids will be disappointed if school is not cancelled. It had just started when I got home from work, some sleet, so I predict that the weather forecastes predicted more than we will see. I really want safe travels for Saturday when my family will gather to celebrate Christmas. Stay safe!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love the chipboard people, very cute and what a great idea!