Tuesday, December 23, 2008

BoBunny - Homemade Coordinates!



Two days left! How are you all doing? I did manage to complete the 3 8x8 mini albums I wanted to make for nieces and a nephew. Today I thought I would share a technique for bringing together fabulous grungy guy paper by BoBunny with inside album pages. The BoBunny X-treme line has been out for some time now, and all that was really left at the LSS was the design with X-treme printed on it. Thus I was inspired to create an album for our nephew Ethan - called Extremely Ethan.

I cut the paper down to 8x8 for the size of the album, which also allowed me to put it through the printer. I selected a grungy font for "extremely", tactically positioned. I used a grungy font to print out his name on olive cardstock and cut out each letter, using chalk ink to grunge the letters more. An old piece of hardware cloth was lying around and I used that along the bottom, but not before using it as a mask to stipple and spray paint over the Magistical Memories star, creating a subtle mesh pattern on the star.



For the inside pages I used craft cardstock and acrylic paints. I found a piece of bubble wrap that had some bubbles popped. This was great as it provided a distressed look when used as a stamp. Iron oxide acrylic paint provided a perfect color match. I drybrushed paint onto the bubble wrap and stamped each piece of cardstock on both sides. Once dry I distressed even more with olive, charcoal and black chalk inks. This provided a custom patterned paper used throughout the album as my base. Since I was working with primarily 4x6 photos all I had to do was mat the photos on black cardstock and add journaling spots printed on olive cardstock.



For the page inside the front cover, however, I wanted to make it more special. I downloaded the definition for "extreme" from www.dictionary.com and pasted it into an 8x8 document. I took my margins out as far as would be allowed. I did switch some of the definitions so that those less applicable were covered by the matted 4x6 photo, and more desirable definitions were at the end to be in full view. The end result is an awesome piece of patterned paper and I totally intend to lift my idea and create a page for our son.



I hope you enjoyed this little technique and will give it a try. Next time you find a great paper collection with only a few coordinating sheets left, look upon the designs and consider what might be lifted to create additional coordinating papers with paint, stamps and whatever else might be in your stash!

Still making gifts? Take a deep breath and try not to stress too much. It seems I sprained my back so I am simply trying to do what I can and rest plenty inbetween project steps, ie. waiting for Diamond Glaze to dry. (LOL)

No comments: