Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Basic Grey - Homemade Album #2



Teens can be hard to shop for. Usually they end up receiving gift cards, but as our pastor mentioned on a Sunday in early November, how memorable is that? So I opted for the homemade album approach.

Teens live busy lives. They have friends, extracurricular activities, sports, youth group events.... A lot is going on in their lives, but seldom is it recorded. High School is often a fun time for many. This album allows my niece to add her own photos to remember her young years always.

When I was told her favorite colors are blue and brown I knew this Prairie line from Basic Grey was the perfect choice. I covered hard board album covers by Zutter, and used my oh so handy Fiskars craft drill to drill holes and add rings to bind it all together.




The inside pages are simple. Some have a spot for one 4x6, others have mats for 4 2x3 photos. She can crop photos to fit the spaces, and of course I gave her adhesive to add her photos in. There are also journaling boxes so she can write about the photos.

My niece happens to be a good artist and she really enjoyed her homemade gift. As you can see, I kept the inside pages simple, and pretty much flat so the album closed nicely. Next time you have a teen to shop for, don't rule out a homemade item. Many kids have no one to scrap for them, and they will love that you put time and effort into their gift.

Have a wonderful Christmas eve - we are praying the snow holds off so we can attend worship service and go over the creek to grandmother's house.

No comments: