Sunday, March 9, 2008

Be of Good Salt

Each week Faithsisters has a scripture word, brought to us by Patter. For week ten the word was “grace”. With Holy Week and Good Friday…there are so many verses that came immediately to mind in that regard. But then when I got into the bible and searched for the word grace…the verse from Colossians 4:5-7 jumped out at me. How very appropriate that God would show me this with certain trials in my life. Please take this scripture to heart and remember to “be of good salt”. Before you speak, at home, at work, in a store...remember that the words you say will reflect upon your faith. Do you wear a cross, sport a bumper sticker, wear or display anything that indicates you are a Christ follower? If so, then it becomes even more critical that your words always "be of good salt", and add only good flavor to the gospels of Christ.
As you face trials, tribulations, rejection...remember Jesus words found in Matthew, “But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you…” Now, let me be clear – I do not see those who bring me trials or those who reject me as enemies. Rather I see them as hurt individuals who could use a whole army of prayer warriors intercessing on their behalf. Speaking to such individuals with a flavor of good salt can be undoubtedly difficult, but it is what God calls us to do. If you are facing adversity in the workplace these Words, which have been my strong hold, may offer a helpful perspective. Colossians 3:22-24 (New International Version) “Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.”

With these words in mind I make it a point to work even harder and be even more conscience of what I utter in the presence of people in and outside the workplace. Remember it is God, and His people that we serve no matter where they are. Today I will leave you with this flavorful verse from Mark 9, verse 50: “Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can you make it salty again? Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with each other."

1 comment:

Norma Kennedy said...

Hi- Im a fellow CMK'er thought Id swing by. Your digital work and photgraphy is very BEAUTIFUL !
Look forward to seeing more !

Norma Kennedy