Monday, February 4, 2008

A GOOD weekend


What a busy, productive and FUN weekend! My weekend began a day early as I took a day off to visit my parents. My mother had knee surgery on Thursday and I wanted to check up on her, take a meal, and start going through photos for a DVD production for their upcoming 50th wedding celebration. Please keep her in prayer for healing.

Saturday morning the kids and I went to Panera to meet my girlfriends. My husband was gone to the No Regrets conference - an annual, awesome Christian men's event held in nearby Brookfield. Next weekend it is my turn to attend a women's conference, so I wanted to get together with my girlfriends and catch up.

Once we got home we started getting lots of snow, unexpected. I thought that was all reserved for Sunday night. I spent Saturday doing some major cleaning and packing things for charity. The kids and I also found time to play some games and sled. I was totally wore out by early evening. At least the snow stopped - as I had a benefit concert to go to, fortunately a 1/2 mile or so away. $3000+ was raised to help build an orphanage, McKallie's Home of Future and Hope, in Malawi, Africa. I was very proud of our ten year old. As I was writing a check for the benefit he contributed $10 of his own money, money he was saving to buy a set of Indiana Jones books at the school book fair tomorrow. His gesture really warmed my heart!

Just before I left for the concert UPS must have made a late afternoon delivery. Two boxes - one from Brandon at Piggy Tales. He had sent me a hard to get a hold of barn doors board book and some paper as an appreciation gift for a project that was published using Piggy Tales product. Coincidentally, in the 2nd box was the very Paper Crafts issue that contained my Piggy Tales project! I was happy to see it received a full page on page 40 of the PaperCrafts special photography issue. The box also contained a surprising amount of scrapbook products, including a fabulous kit and paper pack by Paper Loft, products by Imaginisce, Love Elsie and more! After working so hard on Saturday it just made my day!

The concert was well attended despite the snow. There was music for everyone, from a young Christian rock band, a group of talendted musicians called Soul Purpose, who have a folk/country style program, and the talented Madison Community Gospel Choir. It was a super event and I was happy to see the place pretty full!

This past month I decided to start submitting some of my digital work to e-zines. I have a layout coming out in the Feburary issue of the new Scrapbook News and Review, and just had a layout picked up last night for the March issue of ScrapStreet. I also had a card picked up recently by Papercrafts. I was also asked, this past week, to be a member of the Creative Team for FaithSisters.com I look forward to growing in my faith as I scrap with the beautiful digi products by the Faith Sisters design team.

The Scrapbook Playground is having a month long crop event. Come check it out by clicking on the link at your right. There is a lot going on this month! Come back soon to see what I have been up to!

No comments: