Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What are you wired for? BoBunny Roughin' It!

In the past week I have made three layouts using BoBunny's Roughin It collection - do you have it yet? I hope so! With everyone returning from summer camping trips it is bound to disappear quickly from store shelves. But did you know...that even if you do not camp, Roughin' It offers so much more than product for camping layouts. I will share a few ideas with you today and tomorrow...with today being a faith based layout and tomorrow's being a girly girl layout. Hopefully you will be wired to think outside the "campy" box when using this collection.
Re-Wired is one of my very last efforts in meeting the ACOT weekend crop challenges. For this challenge, instructions were to visit the last page of your on line gallery, and scraplift yourself. I did so. My gallery included a number of digitial layouts, cards, and not even a handful of traditional. It was obviously an upload day for the digital creative team I was on, and each had large, oversized photos.  One thing I noted in a couple of my traditional layouts was a chipboard circle frame encircling the focal point photo. It is a technique I like to use when wanting to draw attention to the subject matter in a photo.
I chose BoBunny's Chunky Chip circle frame in chiffon, and gave it a generous coat of Tim Holtz distress crackle paint in corduroy. Once dry I skimmed over the top with linen and walnut distress ink pads, and used a cotton swab to rub the ink into the cracks of the frame. The result, I think, is a nice faux woodgrain, and it was the look I had wanted for this woodsy layout.
Now, mind you, I was creating this layout, starting it well after midnight. Crazy to even do so....but I was really psyched up to get the challenges done. I found a photo that worked well for my scraplift, and it was pretty obvious to me that BoBunny's Roughin It would be the perfect choice. With a wonderful choice of coordinating papers and embellishments before me, I was able to bring this layout together in a short amount of time.  A tip in creating the journaling block - I placed an oval shape over my text box where the dimensional cardstock stickers would go, and tested it a few times until my text would "run around" the "row of trees" shape.
The journaling itself is inspired by a message series we are currently hearing at Blackhawk Church. The core of the message is that we, as humans, are wired to be in relationship with, and communicate, with one another.  When my family is out for a walk in the woods we are reconnecting our wires as  a family - the distractions of television, computers and phones are left behind. I encourage all of my readers, if you scrapbook, to scrap a page about an activity that brings you closer together as a family. Hey, maybe it is camping! In which case BoBunny Roughin' It is PERFECT!

Happy creating,
Rita S.

No comments: