Thursday, August 12, 2010

Celebrating Friendship with BoBunny's Peacock Lane

The happy colors of BoBunny's Peacock Lane went along perfectly with these photos of our daughter and one of her best friends.  The photos are from kindergarten. Seeing them, and scrapping them, made me smile.
I remember this little photo shoot like it was yesterday. I had the girls sit on the deck so I could take their photo together, and of course Mireya, not being deluged with a camera-wielding-mother day after day, happily obliged and smiled for me.  Out of the blue Abby started singing a song she had learned at church, "Awesome God".  I am not sure what started tickling Mireya's funny bone, the fact that Abby started singing, that she was singing about God, or a bit of both - but the results are some fun photos. And Abby, bless her heart, kept on singing her song and smiling until she was done.


This layout was a part of the weekend challenges at A Cherry On Top...and the toughest challenge, I might add.  We were given choices to select on how we prefer our salad. I opted for quite a few add ins, as I like lots of vegis in my salad, and I knew I might pay for all of the choices later on. When the challenge was posted my salad recipe included: Patterned paper only, 5 photos, flowers, chipboard, felt, bling, glitter, brads, tag, something green.

Getting started was difficult as I couldn't reach for the BoBunny Dot cardstock for my background.  I went into my old paper stash...and started leafing through the holder marked "purple" and found some watercolor type wash papers that would work well for my background. From there on out it was play time with Peacock Lane. I love the colors in this line and the fun complimented the girls shirts really well. I cut up a sticker from the collection and utilized a part of it as my lead in for the title, "the little things"..."about" (which I made myself)...."Mireya" - which are combo stickers, of course.
I love so many of the Peacock Lane papers and had quite a few scraps. I opted to make easy, layered lollipop flowers for the layout, so I could incorporate felt in the form of hand-cut leaves.  I used several colors of Stickles on the circle shapes, and also used the Lime Green on the leaves.
Although my papers included green, when I was about done I decided I still needed something above the smaller photos on page 1, and opted for a Magistical Memories decorative shape, which I painted green and topped with Lime Green Stickles. I needed a really large brad for the center, and since I don't have the iCandy Brads from Peacock Lane, I rummaged and found some from My Mind's Eye that coordinated very well.

The Noteworthy pack offered the perfect piece on which to write the journaling, which was a short list including several things about Mireya.
Journaling:
1. Mireya was your best friend in kindergarten.
2. Her family speaks only Spanish so we have friends translate notes for play dates.
3. She giggled and laughed when you started singing “Awesome God”, out of the blue, when mom took these pictures – you kept singing.
4. You missed her terribly when her family moved away, and you prayed for her every night.
5. You were so excited when her family returned early and you had your best friend back for recess.

Supplies:
Peacock Lane Papers: Flowers, Dot, Vine, Parade, Plumes, Tweet; Noteworthy, Combo Stickers, Simply Wonderful and Perfect Day Cardstock Stickers
Violet Dot cardstock
Other PP: Making Memories Purple Simple Sponge
Chipboard: Magistical Memories
Bling: Clusters by Mark Richards
Glitter: Stickles Lime Green and Crystal, and Ice Stickles Mint Ice by Ranger
Brads: Lush by My Mind’s Eye, Making Memories
Paint: Apple Barrel Kiwi by Plaid Entr.
Ink: colorbox Chalk Inks
Misc. Craft Felt

I hope you have enjoyed this two-pager, and next time you list off your ingredients for tossed salad, think twice! (LOL)

Happy creating,
Rita S.

No comments: