Monday, August 9, 2010

Block Party Brings Life to Old Photo


Even though the ACOT crop ended Sunday, we have 'til Tuesday midnight to upload our projects. I wanted to share a favorite that I cropped this past weekend, which utilizes BoBunny Block Party. I have had a 4x6 photo of Abby and myself on her very first 4th of July, but it wasn't photographed closely cropped, and there was a lot of distraction to either side of us. When I spotted the "All in the Family" circle frame in the Block Party cardstock sticker collection, I knew that I had just found my rescue. In fact, it turned out even better than I envisioned, matted on Blueberry Dot cardstock.
I remember that July 4th pretty well. I was excited to be dressing our new daughter in red, white and blue. I was very aware that she, as a new citizen, would be receiving freedoms and opportunities here in the U.S. that she may not have had in her home country of South Korea. It was a memorable day, and although we watched fireworks from indoors, looking out that large window behind us, it was a day to celebrate independence.
This layout was created for the "number challenge" - the idea to have a number promiment on the page. I did that by covering a chipboard 1 with paper from Block Party. I used combo sticker alphas from BoBunny's Tis the Season collection, and used combo sticker letters from Block Party for the "fourth). I love BoBunny's Save the Date acrylic Stamp n Store set. If you do not have this collection (2 cases to the set) be sure to look for it, as I find I am using it often and in different ways. Here it is an element directly on my background page, stamped with the year and date circled.
I hope you have enjoyed this peek at one of me weekend crop layouts. I have lots more to share. I must say how blessed I am to have been given so much BoBunny product as a member of the team. Creating quick layouts for crops, including fast scrap challenges, was a breeze with all of the coordinating product. I have enjoyed this year immensely. Friday is coming...try to be patient, although it is hard. I am going to stay busy, scrapping as much as possible, to keep my mind off the looming announcement. Scrap therapy!!

Happy creating,
Rita S.

No comments: