Thursday, July 8, 2010

"Healing Rain" - A Re-Pub Toot!


I am so glad to have friends who check out all the pubs...they tipped me off about seeing my sympathy gift bag published in Paper Crafts new "Scrapbooking Secrets..." e-zine, check it out on page 20. This project was originally published in the magazine quite some time ago, two years perhaps?

The gift bag was an assignment from Paper Crafts, after submitting my "healing rain" layout to one of the CK Media publications back in 2007. They loved the layout, but wanted it in the form of a gift bag for the "sympathy" category of an upcoming release, which is what you will see if you click on the link above.

I thought I would share the inspiration for the bag, and the layout, in turn, was inspired by a message I heard at Blackhawk Church. God's mercy is for everyone, no matter your past, where you have been or where you are going...His mercy rains down for all, to heal your hurts and sorrows.
An original poem:
Rain falls like mercy upon the scorched land-
Bringing newness and hope where doubt had been.
It washes away the pain and the sorrow-
A healing balm for all our tomorrows.
It falls for you, and it falls for me -
No matter our past, God rains mercy.

It seems fitting to dedicate this post to three wonderful lady friends, who have very recently suffered great losses. You know who you are if you are reading this. I can offer no words that will ease your pain, but I can pray that God's mercy and God's love be the healing balm for your tomorrows.  (HUGS))

In love and mercy,
Rita S.

No comments: