Sunday, July 11, 2010

First Vacation Layout - BoBunny Sunkissed!


My first layout of our family vacation, and surprise, surprise - I am in the photos, this is a rare one for my own album! Every once in a while we have to do those, don't we? I was playing with the photos of Kyle and I feeding the rainbow lorikeets- but there were too many for one 2-page layout, so I created one for myself.
Of course BoBunny's bright colors in the Sunkissed line was the perfect choice when scrapping these colorful parrots. I have been wanting to feed lorikeets since seeing a show on the birds of Austrailia in the mid-90s, I never expected to have that chance at the Columbus Zoo in Ohio!
What was so cool is that the Lorikeet garden had breeding pairs. Several pairs of lorikeets had eggs hidden in the long grasses, and it was so cool to see their devotion to one another - as shown in the photo at the top right of this layout.
Are you loving the new Noteworthy journaling spots found in the new BoBunny collections? I do, and they can be used for so much  more than journaling - keep your eye on the BoBunny blog for ideas on how to use them in coming weeks. BUT don't bypass the transparency that protects the packet of Noteworthy cards in the store!! I took a micro tip scissors to remove it as part of the packaging as it is quite thick - and utilized it at the top of my layout. I layered my title stickers over the top, utilizing alphabet stickers from 4-5 BoBunny collections for a rainbow of color!
Stickers from the cardstock stickers were mounted on black cardstock and lifted off the page with dimensional foam adhesive. Buttons & Bling were added for spots of color at right.

When I found one of Abby's yellow crafting feathers sitting on my scrapping table - I had to just snag it and secure it with a glue dot and Wild Berry Double Dot ribbon, I mean, why not? Anything found on my table is game for a page, the way I see it, and these birds have yellow feathers, so, yes, why not? (LOL)

Challenge yourself to scrap at least some photos of your summer vacation shortly after you return, before the vivid memories have left your mind. Be sure to stop back July 15th for another layout - a 2 pager on the same subject!

Happy creating,
Rita S.

No comments: