Thursday, July 15, 2010

BoB Sunkissed - Perfect for Vacation Photos!


When these photos were taken on vacation, feeding the lorikeets at the Columbus Zoo in Ohio, my first thought was the fun bird in BoBunny's Sunkissed collection. I could not wait to scrap these photos. I had had a title in my head, "sweet treats for the lorikeets", but then I started playing with the Sunkissed collection. Spotting the clouds in the "Skies" paper, I thought it would be fun to cut out some clouds and add them to the layout.
A new title came to mind, "on cloud 9" - Kyle and I enjoyed feeding the rainbow lorikeets so much that we went back to do it several times - it was the highlight of our trip to the zoo. I decided to have nine clouds total, including the photo of the parrot. I used the cloud for the Sunkissed 12x12 chipboard shape as a template for the shape in the photo. Note that my BoBunny chipboard bird shape may not be colored the same as yours. That's because I used markers to create deeper, more rich tones to mimic that of the lorikeets in the photos.


When creating this layout, I broke some "rules of scrapbooking", but kept others. One common rule is to ground everything...title letters, photos, embellishments  - we are taught that everything on the page should be somehow connected to another. However, clouds float in real life, and I wanted them to float on my layout as well. To balance out the clouds that ground my title words, I mirrored the right side of this 2 page layout with more clouds in the form of a cardstock sticker and another cut out from the Skies paper.
A rule of scrapbooking that I use almost always, is adding elements in groups of three, or odd numbers. To pick up on the dotted paper of the Noteworthy journaling spot, I cut strips from the Sunkissed dot paper and added it to the layout in a visual triangle. I also used a border punch and Ocean Dot Cardstock to mimic the edges of the journaling spot in two other areas.




 For a twist on dating the event, stamp a partial image of the Save the Date stamp. I noticed that 2010 and the date we went to the zoo fell into the same quadrant, and chose to stamp a portion of the image, using red to circle the date. Using the same set, a marker was used to "ink" June only on another stamp, and it was imaged within the first impression.

Use the DiStress Me Out stamp set to "stitch" around the outside edge of a page with lots of white space. This will add a border of color. A fine tip marker of the same color can be used to doodle in "strands, and some "out of line" stitching, which helps bring the two pages together in the center.



BoBunny Supplies Used:
Sunkissed Collection: Papers - Dot, Skies, Party; Clearly Stamps, Combo Stickers, 12x12 Chipboard, Noteworthy, Cardstock Stickers - H20 + Fun and Summer Fun; iCandy Brads and iCandy jewels, Buttons and Bling
Paprika Double Dot Ribbon
Ocean Dot Cardstock
Save the Date Stamp n Store
Dis-tress Me Out Stamp n Store

Be sure to visit the BoBunny blog today to see more ideas and fabulous 2-page layouts from other members of the BoBunny team, all featuing the Sunkissed line today!

Happy creating,
Rita S.

No comments: