Monday, July 19, 2010

Peacock Lane - One Sticker, Two Ideas

 
A friend asked me if I would make a card for her grand-daughter in New York, who had just graduated. Immediately my mind went to BoBunny's Peacock Lane, setting out on my table from a previous layout. Initially I thought about the "journey" cardstock sticker, ran an idea past her, and off I went to make a card.
Once I began looking at the Peacock Lane stickers and papers around me, I spotted this phrase, "life is a great bundle of little things." ohhh...the mojo kicked in! Today's cards are not fancy. They possess no brilliant technique. They were quick to make - thanks to BoBunny's coordinating papers, dot cardstock and stickers.  There is little real life dimension - due to the fact that the cards are being mailed - however, the beauty of BoBunny's cardstock stickers is the "built in" dimension created by the design utilizing drop shadows. If you have little time for card making, reach for BoBunny coordinates!
What I really want to share with you today is the versatility of the "bundle of little things" sticker.  You can take that phrase and gear it towards a number of occassions.
For the requested graduation card, the inside reads, "Make each one count, and your life will be BIG! Congratulations graduate!"
It is also perfect to welcome a new baby. "Life is a great bundle of little things." Inside: "But none can be sweeter than your new bundle of joy. Congratulations!"

For a birthday, how about giving a bundle of fresh flowers, and creating a card or tag to go with, that reads, "Life is a great bundle of little things." Inside: "May your birthday be filled with little things that bless your heart."
I hope today's little post has given you some ideas on making a card with BoBunny's cardstock stickers. Remember, handmade cards do not have to be fancy to be special. It is the gesture of making a card that warms the heart most.

Happy creating,
Rita S.

No comments: