Saturday, April 18, 2009

Yellow & Black - Making A Statement


It used to be that red and black was the combination that POPPED! Lately, however, I am seeing a SURGE in the color combination of black and yellow.

A Cherry On Top has a layout challenge this month where the color yellow must be predominant. When I saw an amazing kit, Touch of Grunge, at Kjoi Studios by Simple Girl Designs I knew it would be perfect for the challenge. As things go, however, I already finished a project for that particular challenge, so instead created a layout with the ACOT April digi-doable template challenge. The template challenges make it very easy to whip a layout together - pop, drop, group, and merge. I changed it up a bit, but pretty much stayed true to the template.

I love the woven ribbon design in the kit and "wove it" along the arrow. There are many beautifully detailed elements in Touch of Grunge. I wanted a touch of torn paper as well, and snagged Sande Krieger's torn paper edge, which I keep in my "often used embellishments" folder in my digital scrapbooking products folder.

The quote on the photo is one of the three I offered up for the Kjoi Studios "JOIful Inspiration Challenge" this month. Check it, and many of the monthly challenges out in the forums, where you can earn gift certificates and prizes.

Journal:
Whatever you ardently desire, sincerely believe in, and enthusiastically act upon, must inevitably come to pass. Paul J. Meyer

Sounds like breakfast is ready - I was going to share about my upcoming day and how certain plans fell through...but more on that later! I hope you are inspired by my yellow and black layout, and check out Simple Girl Designs at Kjoi - I just discovered her the other night and LOVE her style!

Digi Kit: Touch of Grunge by Simple Girl Designs
Torn edge paper by Sande Krieger
Fonts: Black Jack, Black Widow (large letters with bevel and emboss and texture filter added), Florence HC

No comments: