Thursday, April 23, 2009

Magistical Memories Mobile


Looking for a baby gift idea? How about an adorable "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" mobile made with Magistical Memories chipboard shapes? This project was a hit when I had it hanging in the baby section at the LSS. I relayed how to instructions a number of times for customers interested in making their own.

Basically I covered Magistical Memories moon/star, and Sleepy Stars chipboard with patterned papers by My Mind's Eye and Basic Grey, and coated with sparkle Mod Podge. The hanger at the top uses a Tim Holtz round Fragment.
I cut the rectangle shape myself, and used glitter letter stickers. One side reads "Twinkle Twinkle" and the other " Little Star". This mobile is real cute, and no matter which way a slight breeze blows, it is pretty at any angle.



Here is a close up of my medallion. I actually made this when the Fragments were newly released, and was told the acrylic could be punched with a Croc-o-dile. Not so - it cracks. Stickles to the rescue - the sparkle medium covered my hairline fractures. If you wish to punch a hole in Fragments I highly recommend the Fiskars Craft Drill, and have since read Tim's blog where he recommended the same.

With spring in the air and new life starting to burst forth everywhere, I thought it was high time to share a cheerful project made for the new babies in your lives. Happy crafting as we journey together!

No comments: