Saturday, April 11, 2009

Magistical Memories Retirement Sale!!


Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Magistical Memories is having a retirement sale - with many of your favorites, and MINE!, chipboard shapes being offered at crazy rock bottom prices!! If you love the Cosmo Cricket Lil' Man collection the Magistical Memories bi-planes make the PERFECT embellishment. Shop here!

I created this frame
as a gift for my boss' birthday, after capturing a photo of his adorable one year old. I purposely kept the frame design simple and masculine so it would look professional in his office. Three simple embellishments give this frame a timeless look. It was funny when he opened it - he had no idea how I made the frame - thought I had painted the design...whoa - I am NOT that good! (LOL) Told him it was all patterned paper. (LOL)

The side view shows the dimension. To overlap the center button I used foam adhesive squares on the backside, and of course the same adhesive floats the bi-plane and "My Lil Man" card in mid-air.


My two favorite manufactuers, BoBunny and Cosmo Cricket, also happen to have new releases that marry perfectly - the RED Edgy album by BoB paired with Cosmo's Lil Man collection made creating this mini album for our new Godson as simple as can be!

The only challenge in creating this album was cutting a circle out of the Edgy Album front cover - it is SO thick!! I began with my trusty EK Success curvy circle cutter - to create my perfect outline. I then carefelly retraced that circle with my craft knife - several TIMES - it took some elbow grease, but I love the result! I used chalk ink to color the chipboard core in brown, and positioned the photo on the second album page to show through.

Each succeeding chipboard page has a simple band of patterned paper at the end - cut 1/4" wider than the previous. Because the red base color of the album packs a punch of color - I simply added brown photo mats inside the album. I only have the one photo of our new nephew, and my SIL can add favorite pictures as he grows. I labeled each photo mat with the size photo needed in pencil to make the process as easy as possible for a new mother. Of course I am including a tape runner, and an offer to finish the album if she wants to provide the photos later on. A brown marker can be used to write journaling and photo facts directly on the red background. This album, from start to finish, took me literally less than an hour to assemble. A tip on ribbons - to tone down the bright colors I ran my Coffee Bean ink pad across the orange and blue to distress them and tie them in beautifully with the Lil' Man papers. I do believe they are going to love this album! The colors are subtle enough to go with 4-color photos as well as black and whites. Now, of course, I have to gather up baby pictures of our own young man when he was a baby - and recreate this for myself as I totally LOVE IT!!

Remember the saddest and happiest days of the year are only three days apart! Enjoy your Resurrection Day celebration!

No comments: