Sunday, November 9, 2008
Free Chipboard Giveaway
Win Some BBQ Chipboard!!
How is every one doing? What a busy week it has been. Worked lots and went Xmas shopping 2x!! Well, actually got a great scratch off coupon at Kohl’s – so shopping consisted of buying the kids shoes for when they outgrow current, those unmentionables I won’t mention…and yes – some fun stuff, too. I was able to cross a couple of things off my Xmas shopping list.
I am thrilled to say I made it into round 2 of the Magistical Memories DT contest. The list consists of 27 talented ladies – and each of us have received (or soon will be) a package of the SAME chipboard to play with. The new DT will depend upon how creative we are with the same chipboard – should be a blast to see what everyone does with it. To win free chipboard just visit the MM blog and leave a comment.
I especially want to give a shout out to my ol’ friend Betsy (aka pharmgirl) who served with me on the Scraptalk DT a couple of years ago – it is great to see her name on the same MB again; and my sweet friend Kristi Bergin-Smith from the Playground – I would love to work with both of these gals again on the same DT- both are super talented.
I want to share a “Peek-A-Pumpkin” mini album I finished this week using Magistical Memories wire pumpkin book and “handful of leaves”.
Our son’s birthday is in October, and I had these portrait proofs sitting around from his age 2 session – fall themed with pumpkins and such. He was so gosh darn cute at 2 – decided to make a peek hole to glimpse of his face from the front cover by sliding the “peek-a-boo” interactive chipboard leaf.
1. Paint all pumpkin chipboard in orange, and mist generously with Terra Cotta Glimmer Mist, allow to dry.
2. Use pumpkin outline shape to trace shapes onto patterned paper and cut out, position peek hole as desired and punch with circle punch or cut with circle template
3. For backside of pumpkin outline trace shape onto cardstock or patterned paper, cut out and glue to cover paper piecing
4. Dry brush green paint onto leaves –mist lightly with Glimmer Mist and use copper paint pen to outline leaf shape, embellishing with copper glitter glue if desired; add sticker letters to read “peek”
5. Add photos, patterned paper and journaling to inside as desired
6. Use journal block stamp as base for front cover title, use 3D foam adhesive to set off the album cover
7. Use brad to attach sliding door leaf
8. Use copper wire to bind album together, adding 2nd leaf onto end of “copper vine”
Because I used lots of glimmer mist on my painted chipboard, it was too pretty to cover with PP. As you can see, I only used bits of My Mind's Eye papers to make tabs and for journaling.
I used one inspirational message which I had read a couple of years ago, and found again a few weeks ago at FaithSisters.com. The story of a Christian being like a pumpkin was perfect inside this mini album.
Thought you might have a little pumpkin to scrap... hope this project inspires you. I love Mondays – my day off. I am looking forward to creating! Don’t forget to leave a comment on the Magistical Memories blog for a chance to win some chipboard!