Monday, April 21, 2008

Livin With Dream Street

Livin' With Dream Street
For a week anyhow…as I created a “week in our life” mini album this past week using products from Dream Street’s Forget-Me-Not collection. I had won Dream Street’s chipboard album and matching die-cut sticker sheets quite some time ago in a contest. As the sponsor for the Scrapbook Playground for April, I thought it was a good time to break that prize out of my stash and use it for the “week in our life” challenge posed by Stephenie at Fiskars. The challenge and product were just the motivation I needed to create a little treasure for my family.



I admit, I need to do mini albums more as I love them when I am done. Forget-Me-Not is one of my favorite collections from Dream Street – I HEART orange and aqua as a color combo! I altered the sticker die cuts a bit to get the look I wanted for the front cover, and added embellishments. Dream Streets stickers and chipboard letters make titling easy as pie! I used Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels on the white chipboard letters – for the very first time. It was not exactly what I expected, but then I read directions and saw that I was supposed to shake well. OOPS! I will admit my “mistake” to you, but to be honest I love the mottled letter coloration, pale to darker orange with bits of shimmering gold – I think it adds interest! I shall stand by the “there are no mistakes in scrapbooking, only art happening!” motto. (LOL)
I also used Glimmer Mist on my Bazzill cardstock strip punched with my much loved Fiskars “Threading Water” punch. As you may notice, I am finding all sorts of ways to use my favorite punches. One other spot I used Glimmer Mist was on the RAW chipboard – which when sprayed onto raw gives a totally different look than when sprayed on a white coated surface. The raw chipboard really absorbs – the shimmer is muted, but it is there in a subtle way and looks really nice in person.

Here is an idea you may want to latch onto – ever have a package of paper flowers where some of the flowers are torn, destroyed and simply not viable as a flower any longer? I had one of those – and decided to salvage the two good petals by folding them in half and using them as wings on my bird. Just an idea for ya… I also dressed up my flower petals with some Stickles – gotta love me Stickles.
A few other ideas: I scanned in the monthly calendars from my Weekly Planner and duplicated 6 "Aprils" to circle the corresponding day and used as a page embellishment. I used the computer to print my subject title for each day, as well as the "Key Happenings" sub-title on cardstock, and used my Fiskars "Round and Round" squeeze punch which allows me to see exactly where I am punching the circle.
I would love to share more about other details in my album, but since I want to share it all with you I better stop typing and get my pictures loaded. I hope you enjoy this little peek into our lives. I would like to do this yearly and note how our schedules and lives change as the kids get older and get more involved.







No comments: