Thursday, January 3, 2008

Homegrown Survival Boggles!!!

Today I stopped at Michael's to use my 50% coupon - always up for organization products. Shortly thereafter I arrive home to find a heavy box in my mailbox - from Homegrown! What timing! I had been asked a few months ago if I would be interested in being a guest designer for the Winter Survival Kit - how could I resist!? I have been drooling over Homegrown kits since I learned about them from my new 2007 friends - Steph and Melissa. I am so honored to be asked, and to be in the company of the talented Kim Moreno (also a WSK guest designer), and all the gifted designers who create monthly for Homegrown.

I dropped my afternoon plans and proceeded to organize everything and split it into craft keepers by theme, colors and layout ideas swimming inside my head. There was a little drooling going on in between organizing. I am so excited I just have to share with you, some not so hot photos of what I got - but you will get the idea. I just cleared 3 slots in my vertical organizer unit so I can keep all the Homegrown craft keepers together.

The first picture is a grouping of winter theme papers by Heidi Grace Designs, BoBunny and a die-cut snowflake by Rhonna Farrer. Aren't these lovely? (trust me, IRL these iridescent beautieis take your breath away!) I have been eyeing the Heidi Grace papers at the store, but flocked, glittered and embossed paper prices are not in my budget to splurge on - so I am so HAPPY to have received these.


I have never worked with Collage Press products before. These two sided sheets of cardstock weight papers really impressed me. Wonderful weight and instant inspiration. I have a couple of LO ideas and am already on the trail of some photos.



And nothing goes POP like KI Pop Culture!! Check out these fantastic kit papers! I thought I would only be able to afford to drool over these in the store, and now I get to play with them!


Creative Imaginations, Reminisce, Bazzil Cardstock and Hambly round out my 12x12 sheets. Have I mentioned how much I love the red, black and white or cream color combo? Mojo is churning for these papers as well!


To round out the Winter Survival Kit was a generous portion of embellishments. Wanna see?



Notice anything in particular? Well, first thing I did was pick up the grunge board by Tim Holtz and feel it. Then I took a deep breath and inhaled - it smells so good too! I cannot wait to play with all the rub-ons, grungeboard, brads, buttons, ribbon (missed a baggie full of ribbon and such in there), flowers, red Stickles, letter stickers - overwhelmingly HAPPY I am! (LOL)

Be sure to check out Homegrown to see what myself and the other designers create. If memory serves, we will begin to upload our Winter Survival layouts on January 23. There will also be instructions - so you can recreate. How is that for survival service? Come see us at Homegrown soon, and tell Steph Rita sent ya.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the new KI POP CULTURE too and just recently bought some on an out-of-town trip. Have not used it yet but just keep looking at it. It is so beautiful. I'm sure my inspiration will come.