Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Praise God for Creativity!



What a day! Well, actually what a week and I am coming down with a good sinus cold as well. This is one of the most stressful times of the year at work, right on the tail end of Christmas, which is the another stressful time for church staff. It is end of year report time. Annual meeting is coming up and I have lots to do to get ready for it, but much of what I need to do is dependent upon others. Let's just say deadlines are made to be broken, which means I "enjoy" high stress trying to pump something out last minute. I keep thinking it will get better every year...always hopeful I guess. But thank God for the gift of creativity - what a great stress releiver it is!

Above is a layout I created from
Homegrown
's Winter Survival Kit. I have always loved that photo, taken a couple of years ago and in one of Abby's almost complete albums. The complete instructions, plus a sketch will be posted at Homegrown on the 13th. I think getting how to instructions from the kit designers to make available for readers/subscribers is very cool. Be sure to check it out in another week or so for directions on this layout and lots more.

I finished my third layout for week one of WSK. Today I came home to work on a home decor holiday project for which I had a eureka moment about a week ago. It is coming along just splendid and I am having fun. It involves Scenic Route, bling and Super T stamps - what a great combo! I hope to have this done soon and will be sharing it right here. The project itself was inspired by my ten year old and his desire to leave healthy snacks for Santa every Christmas eve. (LOL)

No comments: