Sunday, January 6, 2008

Make Time for Friends



Relationships are important. God made us to be in relationship with Him and with others. We are created for community. This layout, created for the 3Bugs in a Rug design team sponsorship at the Scrapbook Playground this month, celebrates a relationship I have with two special ladies.

I know there are things I need to do in my life, and one of them is making time for friendships. Before I got so busy scrapbooking - I remember afternoons hanging out at the neighbors and just visiting a bit. Sure, our children are growing and we are all running around more - everyone has become more busy. We don't see our friends and neighbors near as much as we used to.

With the change of church homes in 2007 one of my great concerns is losing touch with friends we have made. I am fortunate that I am able to meet with two of those special friends every 2nd Saturday morning of the month. I love these women with all my heart and am honored to be a part of their lives. Together we share what is going on. There is some venting, sometimes tears, excitement and dreams shared. We are there for one another, and I cherish our mornings over coffee.

Another friendship I value is that of my "old" room mate (she is actually a baby compared to me). (LOL) Lisa and her husband stood up for us in our wedding. With the birth of two children each, and they with a special needs child - there has been no time to maintain our friendship. I miss those days of being young, relatively worry free and oh how we would laugh! My friend has the best laugh, and has a great sense of humor despite all she goes through. This past fall I suggested we get together once a month at the coffee shop in town. She began working at home, and I have an hour or so window between work and my having to pick up our daughter. Our hour together just flies by - but it is good to get together and laugh again. I need to scrap about our relationship, too.

I want to spend more time with the neighbor ladies this year as well. We have a unique neighborhood - we watch out for one another, help in need, our kids are growing up together. I am not sure this happens much any longer in suburban America. Last night neighbors invited us over for an impromptu dinner and to play games - what a treat! We have not been diligent in keeping our schedule, but I also suggested us ladies meet at the coffee shop once a month (how convenient to have a shop in town now to sit and chat over a cup of whatever!). For 2008 I want to make sure we keep that hour get together - I value these ladies friendships and want to know what is going on in their life. AND I need to scrap about these memorable friendships as well! I will share them as I get them done.

We are all on a journey together, and I hope that you find time to share your journey with those important to you in 2008. Consider how you might work a special visit in to your scheudle with someone you miss.

No comments: